I told you so!!

K

Korey Chaos

Yo, i dont know if anyone picked up the new sport compact car mag with the 10 super cars on the front but if u flip to page 124, they have a couple of paragraphs talking about the MP3. They said something about how it needed nothing but 50 more horses and then they go on to say they ordered a Sport20 which is a Japanese version of the MP5 which kicks out 170 hp?! I dont know whats goin on because they said that they ordered a sport 20 cam intake from Mazda Competition and then all of a sudden its a faster version of the P5? So is it an intake or any actual car? I will find out. I knew that Mazda had the same car but faster somewhere else. :( :D

SO YOUR SAYING THEY MAD OUR MP5 FASTER SOMEWHERE ELSE JUST NOT HERE IN CANADA OR AMERICA..???

They are talking about changing the exhast cam and cam shaft. :D

Well i hope thats what they're saying cause the sure didnt make that piont too clear!

most cars that begin life over seas are either de-rated or have an engine swap before they go to market here. sometimes it's for pollution control or other legal reasons, sometimes because the market isn't there, and lastly fuel over seas is at a much higher octane level and is much cleaner than here. i may be mistaken but the engine in the familia/sport-20 wagon in japan is quite a bit different than ours and i don't think it meets pollution control...at least not in canada. like i said i may be wrong though..if someone else could clear it up.

OK here's the whole deal for you guys. The Japanese version of the Protege5 is called the Familia Sport 20. It also comes in lower model versions, but the Sport 20 has our same ground effects, and looks virtually identical to the P5. Here's the part that sucks: in Japan in comes with the FS-ZE engine (just like our 2.0l, but with 170HP) and the option of AWD. So SCC getting engine parts for that engine should make the MP3 a little more power. Some guys from mazdaMP3.com have tried this, but said it's not a really noticable difference.

what do you mean by scc some people dont know all these abriviations....

what do you mean by scc some people dont know all these abriviations...

SCC= Sport Compact Car Magazine.
I do agree about the abreviations though. Sombody tell Enry we want a translation section to post these in!!

sttl013 is correct. The 170 hp engine used in Japan is the same 2.0L engine used in the MP5. The differences between the two engines are the FS-ZE has a higher compression ratio, 10:1 I believe, different intake and exhaust cams, slightly different intake manifold and if I'm not mistaken a different cylinder head disign for part of the increased compression. You can import one of these engines and just get it to pass emissions but still do not expect to get the full 170 hp, since Japan also runs right around 104 octane gas from the pump.

Back