nitrous and other mods

N

<Nick>

Hey whats up you guys...Just asking where i can get a nitrous system for my P5 at. I went down to the races in my area and got spanked by another P5 (a big shock for me since my P5 is pretty well hooked-up!) He showed me his secret a 80hp shot of nitrous!!!! Im wondering where to get one. Any info would be helpfull. Thanks.

Black P5
tints, 18" Racing Hart Z5000s, MHP carbon fiber CAI, MSD ignition with Nology wires and plugs, Dual Borla modified cat-back exhaust, Jet v-force engine control module, custom hood w/scoop,modified AEM fuel rail and custom fuel injectors and fuel regulators...I run in the Miami area so I welcome any challengers!

Hey Nick, if you are in Miami, Fl.

Try going to Blitz they are on bird road and 137 ave. They have tons of automotive stuff and pretty good prices too.

Man, you have an awesome ride. Sometime you gotta show us some pics of that.

Also check with ZEX. They have automated systems that are supposed to be able to adjust and so forth on-the-fly. MP3-Owner just got his kit, probably check with him for more detailing on it.

Just my .02 cents.

hey nick, i'm a newby. if you could, email me @ zombiefreak@swt.edu, i've got a bunch of questions for you!!

like:
what's the model number for the MSD ignition with Nology wires and plugs?

What Dual Borla did you modify for your Dual Borla modified cat-back exhaust?

What's the model number on that Jet v-force engine control module?

Which fuel rail did you modify, and what type of modifications did you do to it?

What did you do for the custom fuel injectors and fuel regulators??

dude, i have soooooo much to ask!!! and let me know about that nitrous kit!!

Ive visited the Zex site but no info there I think im gonna have one made for me by a friend whose mad some for a few acura and civic owners before and showedt b pretty impressive. Ive also recently dropped my mhp CAI it's crap! I went to the injen much better trottle response, my only concern is that the injen tubing is too thin and heats up th incoming air...so for now im gonna put on a thermal wrap and wait until AEM comes out with a CAI for us. For everybody who allready owns an injen CAI i would suggest dropping their filter nd picking up the new filter at AEM's site. They say it can pull another 1-3 hp, and coming from a company like AEM i'll take their word for it. I should have some pics in soon of my black baby. Im getting a license plate in the back that reads "Vader" KIND OF CORNY BUT NOBODY LAUGHS WHEN YOU GET SPANKED BY A STATION WAGON! Im gonna get together with my tech guy who helped me modify all ofthe fuel rails nd regulators and all of the other internal performance stuff but dont expect me to tell you all of the secrets. Hopefully youl find out if one of us with a P5 appears in Super Street or Sport Compact Car or something. Peace

Wsup to the Pro5 family. I was bored so i decided to check up on this website to see if anyone had anything good to say and low and behold, heres this guy named Nick from Miami.I guess he had something decent to say but when he tried to brag about what he had, half of it made sense. What didnt make sense is that how can he have Nology wires if the dont make any for the Pro5 and how does he have MSD ingintion if there is no application kit. Ppl, i think we have a liar amongst us but its ok cause my Reg5 will be live and running by June 02. I have the ICW raicng 8 spoke all white, the Big Shot NOS, Tenzo racing seats, and the Eibach pro kit. Additions will be Nology wires WHEN they come out, the MSD WHEN it comes out and the altered gorund effects kit set to hit in Apr/May. In in Fayetteville NC..holla! :D

My fault..that message wasnt for Nick, it was for the Black Pro5..I'll challenge u any time,anywhere. Nology wires......right!

I'm not going to going into who is and who isn't lying about stuff anymore. I had to deal with one person for several days on antoher thread here.

The only thing I am going to add for this thread is that no air filter is going to give you 3 more hp to our car. The CAI doesn't even really give that much.

Mike

Hey budy calm down. First who gives a s*** about your seats, this is a performance forum, second why would I lie about what I have. I love the P5 and personally Im just trying to modify what Ive got. Everything Ive said is true, right down to the plugs and wires. Have you ever heard of the word "Modify". Its a shame nowadays when people like you insist things aren't possible or products dont exist because they haven't been released. What ever happened to building your own mods like they did back in the days, now everybody just sits back and waits for new releases. Car custimizing shoud beabout personal effort an ingenuity not a price tag.

Originally posted by Snomongoose:
<STRONG>

The only thing I am going to add for this thread is that no air filter is going to give you 3 more hp to our car. The CAI doesn't even really give that much.

Mike</STRONG>

I'm no PR5 expert, but I have to argue this point. I own a Probe GT, and a hotshot style Cold air intake added 8 horsepower TO THE WHEELS. I'm sure some significant gains can be made by grabbing some cold air and sucking it in the engine.

As for the NOS, i'm really familiar with the NOS dry kits... I've been running it in my probe for over a year, and i've managed to break into the 13's consisently in a low 15 second N/A car. Anyways, if you have a vacuum controlled fuel pressure regulator, you should invest in either the NOS 5115, NOS 5122, or the NOS 5123... they are basically all the same, except they have different sized jettings. However, you can easily buy different sized shots from summit racing for 6 bucks.

So, if you're looking into Nitrous, try to grab 1 of those 3 kits, but MAKE SURE the PR5 has a vacuum controlled FPR stock. (like i said, i'm not into PR5's yet, so i'm not sure if they do or not). The NOS kit comes with a jetting to increase fuel pressure to help you run rich... running lean is a very bad idea. Also, if you're going to run larger than a 45 hp shot, you may want to invest in an upgraded high flow fuel pump. Not to mention, a better clutch!! :)

Any questions about NOS or whatever, email me at mazdaprobegt@yahoo.com

[ 12-21-2001: Message edited by: MazdaProbeGT ]

;) Right on Nick, some people don't have the know how to tackle upgrades like that on their own without buying a kit from a reputable company. I am in the process of building my turbo motor up and coming along quite nicely.

first off- the guy who said nobody laughs if you smoke them in a wagon... get a wrx wagon to smoke people.

Second off, i dont think the intake will help on this car. Racing beat did a prototype when they created the MP3 and found the ecu cannot handle the differences in the air temp and never got any power out of it.

BTW my roommate is getting his P5 on 12/22 and i am searching for some performance parts for it. Does anyone know the engine code? I am trying to verify that miata turbo kit can be modified to fit.

-jdchmiel@hotmail.com

Here we go again.

MazdaprobeGT - I said I doubt a air filter alone will give you 3 hp. I would love to see data to prove me wrong, but proof is in the final numbers.

Now for the building aspects, if I don't recall I was the first to build the CAI on any site. I have help others out doing this and I am all for using your knowledge.

Nick - I never questioned about the wires, I wouldn't doubt you in the least on this statement, hearing plenty of other people give great reviews on the wires, I have thought about doing it, but just haven't had the motivation with it because of working 60 hours a week for the holidays.

Jared - From my understanding from other sites it would not be worth it to try to put the turbo kit for a miata on our car. Our engine code is the FS-DE.

Mike

thankyou, I was hoping the motor was the same series as the 1.3, 1.6, 1.8 series that had seen service in the 323, the protege, the miata, and the ford festiva in one size or another. :(

I'm not a big fan of chips, but if the ECU is the problem with not giving good HP results from cold air, would a chip be a wise purchase??

Jeff from my understand about the computer you would have to send it out to get it reprogrammed. The piggyback chips aren't worth the time.

I do agree if you have the time to have the car down you will see some results similar to the MP3, maybe even more if you send it out to the right place.

Mike

Ok Nick..whatever u ****** say. I guess changing the seats isnt a modification. Just because u have the same bulls*** seats in. But its not even about seats, its about speed and i know that u can modify practically anything but nology wires are different and the tech guy i spoke with agrees with me. Nitrous is not a problem to install because mines is installed already. AEM is the best way to go for CAI but Injen is also a worthy choice. PPL, why rush making a turbo. Good things come to those who wait and dont let yourself be the one(Nick) to appear on the scence and get smoked because u just had to modify some Civic turbo cause whe can race for pink slips..To all those who keep it real...be patient. Is coming... :D :D

Hey shouldnt u be a member? I mean with your owning a pro 5 an all. U sure do have alot to say. :eek:

chill out man, I wouldn't be putting too much faith in what Nick says... just scope out the BS he's trying to feed us in the 1/4 post.

[ 01-01-2002: Message edited by: MazdaProbeGT ]

any headers for this car? i dont care about the cat? just headers that fit? anyone? what company thanx

Back