Pair push Mazda 34 miles, claim record

azeli73

Contributor
:
2002 Protege 5 Turbo
Wonder what type of Mazda it was?

SAN LORENZO VALLEY, Calif. - Matt O'Brien and Nick Wells are pushing their way into the Guinness record book.

The Santa Cruz County guys are claiming a new world's record for car pushing.

The pair supplied the horsepower to move a 2,700-pound Mazda more than 34 miles. It took them eleven hours.

The previous mark of just over 33 miles was done in 17 hours.

O'Brien and Wells also raised about $2,000 in pledges for breast cancer survivors with their stunt.

O'Brien came up with the idea after his mother, Sally, was diagnosed with breast cancer in January.

azeli73 said:

O'Brien came up with the idea after his mother, Sally, was diagnosed with breast cancer in January.

"Oh my god, my mother has breast cancer.....
..... I think I should push a car"

The thought process behind that is mind-boggling. Must be a member of MENSA.

Re: Re: Pair push Mazda 34 miles, claim record

Micah said:

"Oh my god, my mother has breast cancer.....
..... I think I should push a car"

I was thinking the exact same thing. How do you get from breast cancer to car pushing??? Cool that they raised the money but weird idea. Had to be something they were already considering just to get in Guinness don't you think?

Other thing is...where did they push it? On roads? in a parking lot? Drivers around here would run their crazy asses over if they were pushing a car along the road for 34 miles.

I'd start somewhere in the mountains and push it down the hills for 34 miles. Hop in and let it coast. Sounds like an easy world record to me. :)

cool, ill be your partner..............we'll show those dumbasses how its done. :)

Re: Re: Pair push Mazda 34 miles, claim record

Micah said:

No kidding! Imagine, raising $2000 to help people with cancer. What idiots.

So, what was your idea for raising $2000 to help cancer patients when you did it?

I think records like that mean jack s***. Here is my record that I'm proud to say I'm the holder of. I was the last one of the millenium to urinate between my legs. I just thought of the craziest thing I could whilst showering. I thought I was pretty safe since the only people who could beat me were in Hawaii.

Re: Re: Re: Pair push Mazda 34 miles, claim record

JunkPunch said:

No kidding! Imagine, raising $2000 to help people with cancer. What idiots.

So, what was your idea for raising $2000 to help cancer patients when you did it?

Actually - I have raised more money than that. All through high school I did anything that involved biking or walking. Usually I had to go hit up local businesses and get them to donate either a flat rate, or a set amount per mile. I've done them for MS, AIDS, and Breast Cancer (you wouldn't believe how many incredible girls you can meet - usually people bring family members to help).

Hell, if I still lived at home and didn't have a job - I would still be doing the fundraisers. They were fun, you usually recieved free food/drink and also lots of samples, gift certificates, and other useful things. Not to mention the fact that I met alot of great people.

And now I feel like an @$$hole for not doing anything like that in the past 4 years.

Micah - I'm glad to hear you have done a lot. I'd like to think I've done quite a bit myself, although I feel kind of lazy also. Now I just pledge money for other people to do the biking/walking/pushing cars.

I guess my point was that pushing a car to raise money isn't any more strange than riding a bike or walking to raise money. It's just sort of an arbitrary thing to do.

Latest posts

Back