Radiator may have a small leak..

LinuxRacr

Contributor
:
2001 Mazda MP3
When I cut my car off, it seems like I hear a little hissing sound comming from the lower front part of my engine bay. I checked all the fuel lines, and nothing was amiss. I do however see the top of the plastic undercowling under the car is a little wet. Looks like I may have to upgrade to a Fluidyne Radiator from AWR Racing when I get the funds. I still have some stuff to pay off. I hope that my radiator lasts long enough.

Man you've been having nothing but trouble with your Protege. Best of luck, I hope it isn't anything serious.

I would think that getting a new radiator is a given. That engine must get hot. Mine makes that sound too sometimes. I'm sure it's just the air bubbles in the system escaping or something like that

gcs118 said:
Man you've been having nothing but trouble with your Protege. Best of luck, I hope it isn't anything serious.

It's worth all the learning I have done though.;) I don't just think negetive about stuff just because one thing happens at one time. Nothing works perfectly. Just gotta be realistic about s***. Stuff is gonna happen. That's why the auto industry is able to keep selling automobiles.

And chit if stuff didn't break then how else would you learn about it :)
Good man

those radiators look nice. i have been thinking about a new radaitor or some different fans.

I sometimes hear the hissing too when i turn my car off.... i got scared as hell!

My car makes the same noise and I thought it was a leak also but I can find nothing, I even smell coolant sometimes. I have gone as far as to replace lines and even took all plastic off and bumper to inspect. I can find no defect in the coolant system. Just a small hissing noise every now and then right after the engine shuts off and intake noise is gone. I thought it was just me. Glad I am not the only one. But now you make me wonder if it truly is something I should look into????

mine does it too... it's coming from the thermostat area... I think it has something to do with it

anyhow... if there is a REAL leak then there is a TSB on it... its not up on my site yet.. don't hold your breath

no, I don't have a leak

You might want to check the area of the radiator where the plastic sides are crimpmed onto the metal core. A lot of Mazda radiators are prone to leaking there over time. My girlfriend's old MX3 and my old RX7 both started leaking in identical places and I had to change them.

But mine is brand new... only 5K miles on it. It's not old enough to be "proned to leaks"

Latest posts

Back