took my msp in for service today!!!

SaaBaaDoo

:
2007 White Diamond Pearl Acura TL Navi
So I take my car in at 4:30 to get a few things looked at...(rusting brake rotor hubs, lugnuts, and of course...hesitation).

Here are their excuses.

Rusting Lugnuts: Got replaced immediately

Rusting Brake Rotor Hubs: "Well, it is more obvious on a car that has more open areas on the wheels....I will call Mazda tomorrow and see if they have a technical bulletin out for the rust." :bs: :wtf: Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't our brake rotor hubs supposed to have a rust-proof paint on them, was that not one of the things they listed as one of the "benifits" of the car!!!

And Finally...THE HESITATION: First tech went with me and he felt it, then he drove it and felt it. His response, "well that is just the way the car is set-up...turbos are not supposed to provide power after they are spooled up" (bang)

Service manager went for a ride with me... "These cars have super smart computers in them. They can probably tell that the car does not have that many miles on it, so it just keeps adding fuel. They learn more as you drive longer":wtf: Does this guy even know what the hell he is talking about!!! I told him that someone mentioned a flash fix for the ECU. "I haven't heard of anything and we usually know if they are even testing something like that"

So I am a little pissed...they could have at least painted my ******* rotor hubs!!!

Tell him I have 7400 miles since January, and as the temps rise the hesitation just seems to get worse. Super smart computers, what a technical term, what school did he go to?

You might want to remind him that righy-tighty-lefty-loosey thing, sounds like he never learned anything about cars.

Britt

we usually know if they are even testing something like that

My favorite line ever.

If he knows so much, ask him what they are doing for the clunk. I'd like to know what he says

lug nuts shouldn't rust. At least they replaced them. Wheel hubs may rest, mine did, there is a tsb where they paint them. Request it, they can't deny it. Tell them to check for regular p5's, or ES's, someone can correct me if I am wrong but I think the TSB is for them as well.

This is all probaby due to the cars sitting somewhere outside for so long. Hope mine isn't like it

The hesitation thing is going to be really hard to get solved. Every service manager/mechanic's first reaction is going to be "it's turbo lag".This is similar to the nonsense I had to face when I mentioned the clunk. They said it was the spare tire, sub, due to stuff suspension and is normal...bla bla.

Last edited:
I feel for you buddy. We're all in the same boat here. You've just described my biggest F-ING pet-peve of all time --- and that is that ALL dealerships talk to you as if you are the most moronic person on the planet. Without fail -- they all just talk a bunch of s*** and expect you to believe it.

Some day I dream of a car manufacturer that sells direct -- hell you can piece together a computer direct from Dell - I sure wish cars were like that. Then you'd never have to deal with a damn salesman ever again. When I got my car with 275 miles on it (new) the salesman said to me "oh, yeah, that's basically just the mileage that was put on coming off the boat and getting it here." I'm like "yeah....right." Must have been a pretty F-ing big boat that mine was one considering that my last protege had only 6 miles on it and many people here had under 10 miles on there's.

I think my MP3 came off of the same boat.

Anyways, dealers need to give owners at least some benefit of the doubt. People who buy cars like these, usually have some clue at least about what they are driving.

Super duper computers.....jerk should fired just for sounding like an idiot.

Hehe....I have an idea. Why wouldn't you MSP guys like get together. Like 5 of you or so. And go to the same dealer all at once and compain and b****!!!!

Hey I'm not the only one who had a crappy day at the dealer....
although its sounds like your service manager is more lame than mine.."super smart computer".....HOLY s***..what is going on here...?

Woah!

I checked out that TSB site ... anyone else see this?

http://web2.airmail.net/emann/protegefaq/tsb/mt000003706.html

It says replace with improved part ... so are there bushings that do work, but no one installs them? When I met Paul_MP3, he said he had his replaced a bunch of times....

Hey iON and Ultimate racing, how about a set of polyurathane bushings all around! Probably nearly everyone here would get a set ...

my dealer took care of my rusty hubs today.....that TSB for taking care of the rust is for 2002 models but my dealer said it's the same parts as on the MSP so they took care of it......it's just a matter of time before the new TSB comes out and they didn't want me to have to come back again.....very cool of my dealer.

Here's what a painted rotor looks like.
Thanks to JonnyMiata for the pic.

172670_34_full.jpg

did you guys see this, I know it is older, but kind of sounds similar....

0000144 Dealer Repair Information
If a vehicle has rough idle, poor acceleration on aggressive driving, orother driveability concerns, the injectors may have an incorrect spray pattern. The pattern should be a cone shaped mist. If there are streams or drops of fuel, then driveability problems could result. An injector volume check and leakage test should also be done when testing for spray pattern. Follow the procedures in the Workshop Manual.

I went to where I bought it which is Capital Mazda in Cary....it's the dealer right behind the Crossroads Shopping Center just past the movie theaters.

my lug nuts were rusted as well on my 03 msp.....because they were sitting at the port too long.

They were replaced...no rust on the rotors yet...make sure you go over the car with a clay bar and get the dirt off the car that is embedded in the paint as they do not wash the cars at the port....was amazing the amount of crap that came off the car...paint felt kinda rough when I got the car...the clay bar smothed it out

just curious

why does it matter how long the cars were sittin in port?

Lugs are not supposed to rust, I could have taken delivery of my car 2 years ago and it would have been sitting outside in my driveway since then, and being hosed down 92839 times since then, and driven through the rain 392838 times since then, and they still shouldnt be rusting, so why do 6 months parked in port matter?

So just to clarify...

Your car has a super smart computer and your dealer has a super stupid service mangler.

It may be possible for the lugs to rust sitting near a port with the salt water wrecking havoc on them. Lot of cars that are near salt-water develop rust in certian areas, something I notice living in Virginia Beach long time ago.

Latest posts

Back