***Turbo Performance Works Piggy Back Info***

perfworks

:
2003 EVO 8 2002 Pro5
Hello all ,
This is somewhat of a feeler thread but not quite. It is time to give some info to all about the module i am selling to solve all our fuel and ignition timing issues. For some time now i have posted on several threads the development of a true "piggyback" ecu that can be interfaced with the stock ecu to help tune inefficiencys and allow the proper engine management for forced induction. (it can also benefit N/A modders as well but will have to contact me via email for specific applications)
We are close to production for the preprogrammed module and wanted to offer some info on it for those who have patiently been wainting for its arrival.
Let me stress the fact now that this is a "true" piggyback ecu. It is not like a greddy unit that says it will do all those fancy things. THIS ONE REALLY DOES. It has the ability to control all the fuel delivery for your system, the entire ignition process and an auxillary driver for boost control or any other devise thats needs clamping or duty cycle control. This unit interfaces with your stock ecu so it can work together with it not replace it. My company and Modern Performance of NJ are working together to finish the tuning of the module this week. It will be available for sale the following monday. The unit will be tuned for all turbo applications on the protege lineup including MP3, MSP and P5. It retains all the stock sensors and there is no need for any additional MAP sensors and such. On the MSP it will also solve the fuel cut problem that has plagued all the guys running higher boost levels. Modern Performance will be tuning the module and providing all the neccessary software and support for the product. All orders and questions regarding the protege preprogrammed unit will be answered and supplied by myself and JoeP (MBC) The unit retails for $725.00 for a preprogrammed unit with all the neccesary hardware cables, wires , connectors and wiring diagrams for easy install by a compitant individual with simple eletrical wiring skills. This price is not what i have arranged though for this forum. OUR price will be $675 shipped anywhere in the continental US. Again there is alot of info on this product and i will only entertain serious inquires from those who are interested in a unit(s). If a group buy can be had then i can speak directly to the manufacturer about a discounted rate for volume.
Please feel free to post any comments or questions you may have for me and i will do my best to answer all of them in a timely manner. For those interested in getting info for ordering please contact me via email directly at perfworks@yahoo.com.
Again guys this is the real thing and after the tuning period is done this week the module will be installed in my personal vehicle. It will be dyno tested at 20psi. I will video and post the results as soon as it happens. Also many of the members from the jersey area are going to be invited to attend the dyno run and install. They themselves will be proof positive with their own words to the results of this incredible unit. Thanks in advance for your time and feel free to ask anything on your mind :D

Good Stuff Perf. I am interseted in obtaining this unit from you. Let me know what all woud be beneficial to the MSP for this car. Is the unit programmable after install? will it controll larger injectors? can timing be adjusted on this ? Can the unit control the stall issue associated with an atmospheric BOV ?

Ill be in Secaucus NJ on the 21st for IREV, at the meadowlands judging. Mebbe we can get together and possibly install it on my car then.

Thanks, hit me up on AIM or at sportuningguru@yahoo.com :D

falkofire said:
can it work with an additional injector setup...? can it be preprogrammed for that?
You can control the duty cycle of stock injectors.
it will come preprogrammed with maps for the proper A/F ratio on stock injectors for up to 15psi. The auxillary will be programmed to either control boost or up to 2 more injectors.
You can also controll larger injectors if you want to upgrade the stock ones and handle up to 25psi. the unit will come preprogrammed for ease of use for those without the knowledge to tune via laptop. It can with the passwords i give you to be adjusted with no problem.
it can also be done without even pulling over. right there on the passenger seat with your laptop:D

I am very interested in the unit and would love to hear more details about the piggy back, how it works, how users will interface with it (laptop?), if it can be modified by the user, what parameters can be changed and in what increments...thats all I can think of right now...BTW that price seems very appealing. Look forward to hearing more from you.

boostisgood said:
Good Stuff Perf. I am interseted in obtaining this unit from you. Let me know what all woud be beneficial to the MSP for this car. Is the unit programmable after install? will it controll larger injectors? can timing be adjusted on this ? Can the unit control the stall issue associated with an atmospheric BOV ?

Ill be in Secaucus NJ on the 21st for IREV, at the meadowlands judging. Mebbe we can get together and possibly install it on my car then.

Thanks, hit me up on AIM or at sportuningguru@yahoo.com :D
in order:
yes the unit is programable by the user at any time. it will come with a passcade but each unit can be reprogramed or adjusted easily with a laptop. the unit will come with an instruction manual and you can install it in 30 minutes. Its the size of your palm and very easily hidden.
yes it can controll your stock set up or larger injectors. the unit will come either way . for simplified reasons it will come tuned for stock injectors at 280cc's and for two additional injectors for a total of six injectors. Also there will be two fuel and ignition maps that you can choose from. pump gas and race gas setups
the unit will be tuned with a recirculating valve. Im sure that when you want to run a BOV to the atmosphere we can just tune it to accomidate it no problem
As far as the MSP is concerned we will tune it on Joe MBC car to get rid of the fuel cut soon.

sweet...so if I had 2 injectors already controlled by the sds unit...I could scrap/sell that...and switch over to this without the extra injectors included...but already tuned easily...what sort of levels of boost do u feel the protege could run with this unit now? and with a laptop hooked up can it be tuned on the fly? say..at a light u could turn up the boost?;)

Option said:
I am very interested in the unit and would love to hear more details about the piggy back, how it works, how users will interface with it (laptop?), if it can be modified by the user, what parameters can be changed and in what increments...thats all I can think of right now...BTW that price seems very appealing. Look forward to hearing more from you.
you interface via laptop. it is on a windows based software program. it will come preprogrammed with two fuel and ignition maps that can be adjusted by the user at any time. there is a passcode system but the user will have access to it for upgrades
the increments are at every 500rpm and in real time. the unit is able to be adjusted on the fly and no need to shut the car off or pull over to make adjustments. just hookup the laptop and adjust fuel and ignition curves with the arrow keys or type in values
it datalogs on demand and can retrieve old drive cycles immediatly for diagnostics

what kind is this...? and what would the cost be without the extra injectors included? and what boost levels could u run safely with this

falkofire said:
sweet...so if I had 2 injectors already controlled by the sds unit...I could scrap/sell that...and switch over to this without the extra injectors included...but already tuned easily...what sort of levels of boost do u feel the protege could run with this unit now? and with a laptop hooked up can it be tuned on the fly? say..at a light u could turn up the boost?;)
the unit will be tuned to my vehicle specifically. my values will be inputted because i will run a max boost of 25psi. the fuel and ignition maps will be tuned accordingly for the end users to adjust if need be. with the 6 injector setup you can go to 25psi and up to 15 % injector cc increase without readjustment. above that we can help with online support for custom installs

falkofire said:
what kind is this...? and what would the cost be without the extra injectors included? and what boost levels could u run safely with this
the unit DOES NOT include extra injectors. it JUST HAS the ability to control them if your set up incorpoarates it allready.
the boost levels depend on the mods to the vehicle. if you can tell me what exactly you have done then i can estimate for you

falkofire said:
well that is with forged internals...so for the non forged group...?
you dont neccesarily have to have forged internals. i do so i can have a solid base to tune with and see what the FS motor can put out with the stock intake system

Mitsubishi TD05H 16g turbo
Forge BOV
EM (Extreme Machine) manifold and downpipe,
Spearco front mount intercooler (6"x27"x3.5")
EM intake
Full 2 1/2 exhaust system
SDS AIC controller with 2 extras injectors
Autometers EGT, Boost, and A/F guage
dual a-pillar pod
AWR engine mounts
TurboXS dual stage boost controller

falkofire said:
Mitsubishi TD05H 16g turbo
Forge BOV
EM (Extreme Machine) manifold and downpipe,
Spearco front mount intercooler (6"x27"x3.5")
EM intake
Full 2 1/2 exhaust system
SDS AIC controller with 2 extras injectors
Autometers EGT, Boost, and A/F guage
dual a-pillar pod
AWR engine mounts
TurboXS dual stage boost controller
with stock internals i would not go over 15psi daily. for what the unit can do youll be happy at 12psi. it will only give you the fuel you need at that psi so you will develop more power because youll be running a tighter A/F ratio. not 10:1 like the MSP
Also the ignition curve will be set for peak cylinder pressures after TDC so you wont have to worry about detonation unless you run into a bad tank of gas or dont use at least 93 octane premium fuel

Great work perf, I am very interested in this. There is a good chance i will be getting one.

Hit me up for the dyno run, so i can see your beast in action!!!

paulmp3 said:
Great work perf, I am very interested in this. There is a good chance i will be getting one.

Hit me up for the dyno run, so i can see your beast in action!!!
you will be one of the first i call paul:D

Back