CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2003.5 roof rack clips?

Laser Blue P5

whoa..........privateer: calm down. i was asking how much those pieces are. i must have read it wrong and thought onotrum was sayin they were $70 each. Onatrum: those are the pieces in the jpeg. i do appreciate everyones help. i try to provide as much help as poosible myself. i've been registered for about 7 weeks and i have about 65 posts, so i feel i do my share. thanks again.

(laserp5) 2003 P5

Rack Removal How-To

Follow the link above for step by step instructions for removing the rack. As for the filler pieces... Go to the dealership, grab the guy at the parts counter by the nose, take him out on the lot to an 03.5 P5 and point to the plastic caps and tell him that is what you want. They have a parts computer that lets them pick an area of the car and zoom in on it, it has a break down of all of the part/fasteners used and the part numbers.
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    (redp5)

Current Mods: NONE

Future Mods:

35% Tint all around as soon as we move to Phoenix.

Whatever else my wife will let me get away with.

Laser Blue P5

tmht......thanks. i'll let everyone know how it goes and how much everything is.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

protege 2003.5roof rack

I'm looking for a roof rack for my 2003 protege apparantly I bought one for a 2003 but, mine is a 2003.5 and it doesn't fit. I need a roof rack for mine anyone have or know where to get one??

Trailblazer SS AWD ....Still a Mazda Junkie Though.

the o3 and 03.5 have no differences as far as the RR is concerned other than the 03.5 doesnt come with one...Post what you bought...
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

(p5silver)

Donated: $10

2002 22A P5 and 2007 TR MS3

holy old post batman....

Sounds like you got the factory rack components for the P5 and don't have the corrensponding factory rails....

Some models came with no rack from the factory and don't have the rails on the roof...Someone will trade you for the rails...it is a bit of work to switch, but I'd be sure someone would do the trade if you want the rack.
    My car's got stuff...lotsa stuff..................You want my stuff...

Registered Member

PM sent

Registered Member

Mazda Protege5

Hello, don't know if anybody looks at these forums anymore but thought I would give it a try. So I've always loved the Protege5. I finally found one in good condition about 2 years ago. I have been wanting to get the OEM roof rack for a while now, since the one I have did not come with one. I suppose you could call it a "2003.5" since it has the spare tire subwoofer and no roof rack. I recently picked up an OEM roof rack at a local junkyard. When I went to go put it on my car, there weren't any holes to mount the rack to the roof. I don't know why they wouldn't put the holes for the rack on in the first place. My model is not a Canadian. I don't know why Mazda makes things complicated sometimes. Just wondering if anybody has had this problem and has had to drill their own holes before. Thank you

Registered Member

P5

Quote Originally Posted by pelabret View Post
    Hello, don't know if anybody looks at these forums anymore but thought I would give it a try. So I've always loved the Protege5. I finally found one in good condition about 2 years ago. I have been wanting to get the OEM roof rack for a while now, since the one I have did not come with one. I suppose you could call it a "2003.5" since it has the spare tire subwoofer and no roof rack. I recently picked up an OEM roof rack at a local junkyard. When I went to go put it on my car, there weren't any holes to mount the rack to the roof. I don't know why they wouldn't put the holes for the rack on in the first place. My model is not a Canadian. I don't know why Mazda makes things complicated sometimes. Just wondering if anybody has had this problem and has had to drill their own holes before. Thank you
    Holy necrophilia, nearly 11 years since last post that you're replying to :o

Anyway, there should already be holes underneath the strips on the roof. Have you removed the strips first and checked underneath?
    Should look like this (img from google)
    Last edited by grffn; 12-03-2018 at 07:40 PM.

2002 mazda protege 5

My car doesn't look like that,.. It's Canadian though.

The Diagram Dude

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12