Made in USA and Free Shipping on all orders shipped inside the US.
Made in USA and Free Shipping on all orders shipped inside the US.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2003.5 roof rack clips?

Laser Blue P5

2003.5 roof rack clips?

i got a 2003 p5 and i want the roof rack off completely. i went to the dealer and they said that i couldn't unless i bondo the holes left from the bolts....i was lookin at the 2003.5's roof rack and saw the little plastic pieces with the grips and arrow. so i decided to play ninja and go back that night and try to take it off and see what it was. i damn near broke my finger nail tryin to pry it off. question is....how can i get them off and will they cover the holes left by the bolt from the roof rack? thanks......

Do a search on the forums the part number for those clips is floating around herre somewhere.
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    (redp5)

Current Mods: NONE

Future Mods:

35% Tint all around as soon as we move to Phoenix.

Whatever else my wife will let me get away with.

Slow 350Z -> Fast Mazda3 Bijou-MP5's Avatar
    Donated: $5

2010 Mazda3 S Hatch

didn't you get plastic covers from your dealer???
    there are 4 pieces of plastic cover that will cover cover the holes left by the bolt from the roof rack
    MAZDA TEAM THE FUTURE OF BIOMEDICAL

Represent'n Ohio

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

I know what you're talking about, and I know what holes your dealer is talking about. It wil leave about 4 holes on both sides of you car. I didn't use bondo to fill my however. On the inside of the car, I covered the hole with black electrical tape. Then I used the rubber silcon stuff that squeezes out of the bottle to fill the hole, and then ran electrical tape over top that on the outside of the car. No leaks so far and it's been over a year. Hope this gives ya some ideas if you can't find the clips

R.I.P. Mazda Protege5...June 2001 to July 2012

2003 Protege5

Originally posted by Bijou-MP5
    didn't you get plastic covers from your dealer???
    there are 4 pieces of plastic cover that will cover cover the holes left by the bolt from the roof rack
    i think he wants to completely remove the racks
    + e n i g M o b i l e +

Slow 350Z -> Fast Mazda3 Bijou-MP5's Avatar
    Donated: $5

2010 Mazda3 S Hatch

Originally posted by matttrix

i think he wants to completely remove the racks
    oops...my bad
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Laser Blue P5

exactly, i want to remove the whole thing. it'll look like a 2003.5 model. someone with a 2003.5 model should know exactly what pieces i'm talkin about. they are on the black strips on the roof of the vehicle, it's about 1" X 3" and has little finger grips and an arrow pointing toward the front of the car.
    Onatrum: the electrical tape would probably work out good, i'm sketchy on that idea. thanks though.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

privateer

first thing i want to tell you is use the search for roof rack rail removal some great how to do it.but make sure you are mechanically inclined and always be prepared for the worse, it was fairly easy to do but take your time as clips could break as i stated before the four buttons one under the light and three at the rear of the head liner are a one time use only the strips will pop on the post in the front, on my 2002 it did not have a rear post which i think is common so i used goop to fasten the rear down you will understand when you get the parts dont do anything until you have all the parts.here are the numbers you are looking for BJ3D-50-9H0D and BJ3D-50-9LOE this is the filler strip pieces.the one i got had little slid covers that were originally for the canadian racks which are not usa specs there may be a part number for usa cars which may not have the little covers, they are about $70.00 a piece very pricey plastic good luck.

Report this post to a moderator

Represent'n Ohio

something like this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Member

also do your homework and never assume the reponses you get are from people that are mechanically inclined as i stated above know your limitations there is basically no difference between 2002 and 20003 unless it is a canadian model which i explained in another post if you are not prepared fot the worse case scenarios such as bending your roof liner than my advice is dont touch it or take it to a pro,i read alot of post from others who did it before me saw there pictures visualized it and went for it good luck.

Represent'n Ohio

I'm in agreement with privateer. For along time nobody knew if holes were there, if it was possible, or what the part #'s were to fill the gaps. I took on the challenge and posted lots of detailed pics which answered alot of questions. It's not real hard, but you have to be able to enjoy hearing your car pulled apart on the inside lol

Laser Blue P5

those clips in the jpeg cost 70 bucks each? regardless i just want to take them from the dealership. i ain't payin' nothin more then 3 bucks each..................hahaha..........

Represent'n Ohio

ahhhh....my bad...

The $70 for the part #'s he provided are for the strips that fill the gap in the top of the car from front to back.

The picture I provided are my interpretation of what you said:

"they are on the black strips on the roof of the vehicle, it's about 1" X 3" and has little finger grips and an arrow pointing toward the front of the car."

I was simply asking if the picture I attached is what you're talking about?

Registered Member

onotrum it was your posts that help me do mine. thank you very much,i hope the guys post about taking them of another car is a joke but if it was not morons like that shouldnt waste our time looking for advice cause they probably couldnt do an oil change,or even begin to understand the steps of your hard work and great advice.

Registered Member

onatrum it was your posts that help me do mine. thank you very much,i hope the guys post about taking them of another car is a joke but if it was not morons like that shouldnt waste our time looking for advice cause they probably couldnt do an oil change,or even begin to understand the steps of your hard work and great advice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast