I Told You All

boostisgood

:
1988 FC3S TII
Well, here is the link with the compressor mapping for the T-25.
http://www.egarrett.com/products/gt_15_25.jsp

Seems the turbo is actually in the optimum efficient range up to about 2 bar. I am having an issue with being accurate on how to read that map, so if anyone can decipher it better, please do so.

This is for a basic T-25 remember, the a/r trim in our cars may be different. Ill look at mine tomorrow, or later tonight, and give Garrett a call to get all the specs first hand from them.

But I found this and thought I would share it with you all. Apparently the t-35 is more effiecient at higher boost then most of us thought.

the majority of those types of maps will diagram up to 2 bar but it falls alot shorter than that. the t-25 will perform fine up to about 16psi. it will lose its efficiency to generate a good charge at around 14-15psi. the compressor housing and wheel diameter just cant flow the volume of air that is needed for real power. but for street use its a great unit.
you should ask garret while your on the phone with them about interchanging comp housings and upgrading wheels. that would help to get this turbo to the next level.

That was the next question issue I was gonna address. I, personally, will upgrade to the t-28, fast spool, due to the t-25 exhaust side, and higher volume of air, due to the t-3 compressor side. :D

I jsut like to get as much info and share it, while Im workin on gettin the info I need. :D

BTW, Perf, I tried to hit you up on Yahoo MSGR yesterday, but it said you no linger exist. (lol) Damn dood, erased from Yahoo

boostisgood said:
That was the next question issue I was gonna address. I, personally, will upgrade to the t-28, fast spool, due to the t-25 exhaust side, and higher volume of air, due to the t-3 compressor side. :D

I jsut like to get as much info and share it, while Im workin on gettin the info I need. :D

BTW, Perf, I tried to hit you up on Yahoo MSGR yesterday, but it said you no linger exist. (lol) Damn dood, erased from Yahoo
erased form yahoo??
what do you mean?
let me check this out. i have trillian and it works fine.
do you have the right handle for me perfworks2002?
try again

Umm, that doesn't look like a compressor map to me. The horizontal axis is in engine power in kw (kilowatts). That's more of a general marketing application map.

The compressor maps I've seen have the horizontal axis in air flow in lbs/min, and the map shows compressor constant rpm lines across it. Check out Mike Kojima's article on compressor maps in this month's Sport Compact Car.

Back