Passport "G Timer" for 0-60, HP, Braking, G-Forces....

Holy crap that is cool. Looks like a really fun toy. I have to wonder how accurate it is. It just sounds so easy it makes me wonder.......... (scratch)

Yes...very cool! It is said that the G Tech Pro (the original device of this kind) is quite accurate; so I would think the Passport G Timer, is as well.

YOu are going to get it aren't you? You can't resist it can you? It's calling your name isn't it? This looks like a toy you would have in your car for sure:D

Heathen23 said:
YOu are going to get it aren't you? You can't resist it can you? It's calling your name isn't it? This looks like a toy you would have in your car for sure:D

In good time, my friend. The diecast hobby is calling me presently. I'm about to spend about $200 on this Cobra model.... The first racing Cobra. 1:18 scale by Exoto.
RLG18125_RearQuarter.JPG

Okay, honestly that is a cool model and all but it's just a heap of plastic that will collect dust. Wouldn't you rather know your best run time to your job instead? I can see it now, speeding at speeds of 127mph just to beat your best time on the Gtech. You will be driving like it's the freaking indy 500 to top your best beer run. Okay, now I want one :wtf: I'm a sucker and that gadget is just a ticket waiting to happen(drive)

Heathen23 said:
Okay, honestly that is a cool model and all but it's just a heap of plastic that will collect dust. Wouldn't you rather know your best run time to your job instead? I can see it now, speeding at speeds of 127mph just to beat your best time on the Gtech. You will be driving like it's the freaking indy 500 to top your best beer run. Okay, now I want one :wtf: I'm a sucker and that gadget is just a ticket waiting to happen(drive)

Ha! Well; actually, it's diecast metal, and will only appreciate in value since it is a numbered & limited edition. You have to see an Exoto model to believe how detailed they are. Right down to the engine plumbing and wiring. I also keep my collection in cases to avoid dust.

The G Force would be ideal, especially for anyone doing mods to their MAZDASPEEDs. No doubt! If you are worried about speeding, you might want to go ahead and get a Passport 8500 first, however.

You should also check out the G Tech Pro, which is $250. It has a 3 axis accelerometer so it isn't as sensitive to leveling, and it has a pickup for rpms that you lay on your dash. With the rpm pickup, you can generate your own dyno displays!

Now with two units in the marketplace, maybe the pricing will come down! :cool:

Heathen23 said:

when i had my eclipse i actually got out of a ticket cause i had the g tech on dash officer asked wtf i was doing taking off and stopping in the middle of the road numerous times so i told him about the g tech and ended up talking to him for like 30min about his car and wanted to borrow it to see what the cop car could do! he ended up lettin me go was some fun yet scary s*** :p

i had my eclipse i actually got out of a ticket cause i had the g tech on dash officer asked wtf i was doing taking off and stopping in the middle of the road numerous times so i told him about the g tech and ended up talking to him for like 30min about his car and wanted to borrow it to see what the cop car could do! he ended up lettin me go was some fun yet scary s***

Haahhahahahahha that is so good. Now I don't know what might be more effective for the popo. A Gtech for a rediculous explanation that will, at the very minimum, create a humorous conversation with a cop or a IMO an unreliable overpriced radar detector.

As a kid when my father would bring home prototypes from work he would have a very similar module that had a few more readings for emissions. I was in the car with him several times when he got pulled for speeding......when they looked in the car and saw 5+ major gadjets clearly for reading just about everything that is going on in a car they would almost always send us on our way ticket free. Lame ass Heathen23 story time over

I will tell ya! This would be a really nice addition for anyone making incremental upgrades.

Back