P5 engine strength

S

slooper

I've read here and there that the engine in the P5 isn't built as strong as the engine in the Miata. If true, will it still be able to take adding mods with a significant power boost without cracking the block or something?
Thanks.

Well the guys over on the mp3 boards (who have the same engine as the P5, but different ECU *correct me if i'm wrong) are adding turbos to put out 200whp, so, it seems like the Protege engine's decently strong! I'm not a tech-head though, so I don't think I can help with much.

Really?! I thought I read earlier that turbo's weren't available yet for the P5. Did you happen to pick up any specs on these turbos and do you know if they would fit on a P5?

The turbos are still being developed and tested. A few companies have made a turbo for their demo cars but nothing really available to the public. It should be a few more months before something is really available.

The turbos installed on the MP3 will work on our Protege5s. There is no difference in the front end of the cars.

SLooper: Go to www.mazdaMP3.com I usualy spend half my time there and half my time here....all the engine gruru's are over there. No offence to anyone in this forum. lol :D

Back