What should I do?

P

provencher_vt01

Well let me first start off by saying that this is most likely a dumb ass question. After placing a order on 6 Jan for a Yellow P5 I found out yesterday that not only was my dealer fired, but it will be another 10 weeks. My options are to get the yellow that they have on the lot and have a aftermarket sunroof installed, or get a different color. I'm thinking Blue or the Red. Now I realize that people are going to be biased to the color of their car, but I wanted to possibly get peoples opinion on what they think looks great on the road. Part of me wants to get the roof installed to get the color I originally wanted, but part of my wants to say f@#* you to the dealer and go through someone else. What's your take?

To be perfectly honest, I love all the colors. I am very happy with the pallette that Mazda decided to use for the PR5. But, since you asked, here are my preferences from best to last:

1. Black - I usually like black on bigger cars (the color is not as dramatic on small cars), but because the PR5 looks like a bigger car than it is, it really works.
2. Silver - I love the black interior, silver exterior combo - still a classic.
3. Yellow - My wife really wanted this color because it really stands out (I think it reminds her of a friend's old CRX Si). We didn't get this color because it wasn't part of the S-Plan.
4. Blue - Not as dramatic as a black car, but still very cool. I wasn't pushing for this color because it reminded me of my first car - a midnight blue 82 4-cylinder Camaro (UGH).
5. Red. Classic color, but not for my wife.
6. White. I still love classic white sports cars, but it didn't really work for my wife.

i have a red, i like it. it wasnt my first choice. i didnt want to wait a million weeks to get something in after ordering so i decided the fatures i wanted then foudn out if any where on my local lot, random selection. im happy with red now, shows paint nicks and dirt easy though. i would advise against aftermarket sunroof though, strongly.

im having a hard time picking a color too b/c they all look nice to me. well here are my personal choices(ranks) and why:

#1. silver - looks very nice, fits well with the interior like gene says. my dad likes this color the best and since hes going to pay half of it im highly considering his choice. most of my friends/family choose this color too
#2. midnight blue - my fav color, no one i know has this color, looks nice hehe. i always wanted a blue car but uhh i think silver looks a tad better for the p5
#3. black - black just gives the car an uhhh smooth sporty edgy look? uhh cant think of the right word right now. i think its nice. but its black and its attracts sun and heat, and it gets hot here in sunny san diego. no one is recommending me to get this color
#4. red - i think this color gives the p5 the most sporty look. its probably the nicest color but its too "attractive" for me.
#5. yellow - another nice but too flashy color for me. im not the person who wants to be the center of attention and stand out too much
#6. white - nice, i think white keeps its gloss the longest so best color for resale. dont have to wash the car as much, scratches wont stand out easily. however me, my bro, and sis currently have white cars. so i want something different

[ 02-23-2002: Message edited by: badboyeee ]

Blue, Silver, and white are the easiest colors to maintain. I personally odn't like the white, but apparently, alot of the people on this board do.

I reccomend the blue. I saw the first one today, and it was awesome.. I drove the only 5-speed left in the state off the lot, so I was able to choose from, silver, silver, silver, and silver.. So I chouse silver.. (I'm not big on waiting.. ;)

I was told by MANY MANY people, that yellow cars are trouble, for many reasons. But the reason I wouldn't drive one, is that Cops can pick you out of a groups, that much easier. And my insurace company warned me about that too.

Pick the one you like, don't settle for anything. If your sick of waiting, call Mazda corporate. Dealers hate bad PR, or even goto a different dealer. Unless you live in the boonies there has to be another dealer somewhere..

- Miker

I have a red one and i love it. It wasnt my first choice but i was the first one in the Mazda showroom which everything in it including the stick shift which won me over. Had i not have seen it i would've went with the yellow one hands down. All the other colors look like crap to me except the white. Well, the blue isnt so bad but its just not me. Maybe sky blue. I say u wait and stick it out before u end up getting something that your not 100% comfortable with. Definitely dont get the aftermarket sunroof. Let the factory do it. :D

I have a red one and i love it. It wasnt my first choice but it was the first one in the Mazda showroom that had everything in it including the stick shift which won me over. Had i not have seen it i would've went with the yellow one hands down. All the other colors look like crap to me except the white. Well, the blue isnt so bad but its just not me. Maybe sky blue. I say u wait and stick it out before u end up getting something that your not 100% comfortable with. Definitely dont get the aftermarket sunroof. Let the factory do it. :D

How come no one really like the white? Does anyone own a white one? The white is class and looks great with the dark interior...and add some tinted windows. Oh well I like my white.

i have a yellow one, i think it looks great. oh, and tobe, i think the white is very nice, that would probably be my second choice.

The Silver one is nice. (that's what I have). It's easy to keep clean and doesn't show scratches as easily as the darker colors. That being said, I really like the blue. If I was a young punk or wanted attention...ya, the yellow is pretty sweet.

We aren't able to buy the white ones here in Canada....go figure.

I have the mica blue, but I say go with silver, I think it best shows off the contur lines of the body and makes the car have an overall higher quality look to it. Add black interior and from a distance someone might mistake if for a Lexus Sportcross wagon

I've got a black one and I love it. It looks really good with the exterior mods that I've done. I was going to get a silver, but there are way too many of them out there. Blue would have to be a close second.

i got red cuz it was the only at the dealership with a sunroof - way back in May.
plus I didn't know they came in white at the time. I like white!

hey I like my yellow. I do not like all the attention. I didn't realize how many looks it would draw. I just loved the color, stick, moonroof, etc. I got it because I fell in love with the color on the showroom floor, but not because I wanted to be the center of attention. Red is hot as well.

This is useless. Get what you want not what other people think looks good. I like bright colors. Usually if a car doesn't come in yellow, i would not consider it. I also like the red (but don't see me driving one), green (not offered). The blue that p5 is offered is really strange and dark, and mp3 vivid blue mica loooks MUCH better. White and silver are too plain. Too many silver and white cars here in florida. To me white is not even a color. You stare at it and you don't see any "color" that is why you see white. The black looks nice because its not true black its more of a "wet-dark pavement" look/color if you know what i mean. Love the mettalic sparkles in it. But then again at night you would not be able to see the car (meaning features and lines) very good. Which brings me back to yellow. You are right people are biased towards their cars and colors.

As a side note, my mom ordered a 2002 corolla 3 months ago fully equipped with side airbags and abs. Today, 3 months later, the ******* dealer calls me up and says tough luck, they aren't building those anymore. THREE ******* MONTHS PASSED BY. Now they want to sell her a 2003 which is nice but more expensive. Be careful, don't get screwed. Anybody know a good lawyer, i'll sue their asses off. Next year i'll be driving a ferrari :)

animatehatch.gif

Btw, i got my yellow on the s-plan so make sure to ask your dealer. I didn't even showed the proof to the dealer when i was getting the car as i didn't have any that day. I just told them i am on it and the price was great. Actually, he still owes me an oil change.

ok, hopefully some useful info:
colorcolorcolor pick your favorite.

Aftermarket Sunroofs, how about reasons against as they are all i can think of.
They are a bad idea for two main reasons:
1, not as likely any more but quite possible, they are more prone to leaking than factory-designed/installed ones.
2, hassle, my friend had an aftermarket sunroof installed on his sequoia, and if you have a problem with it, it is not the dealers problem. you must go to the installer. it is also not integrated into the cars electronics, so more problems are likely to result from that, and controls are not the factory ones mismatch etc...
friend has since traded in sequoia for a limited edition w/ a factory one. it is bigger, better, ok, so he has a big freakin truck so he has a big sunroof, but it looks more professional. good luck,

oh, i got a black car, my last one was a white two door, so kind of night and day change of lifestyle for me...
i'm kind of scared, maybe i'm having a midlife crisis? i'm only 23!
adios
-ted

Back