Stock CD Player

The stock CD player does not have a third set of outputs. I've never seen a radio with six speaker outputs, and I don't know what good it would do, anyway.
Those side pieces are just snapped in. They shouldn't break when they come off. Just remember, when you remove the stereo, use 4 Ford/Saab keys, and if you're putting the stock back in, DON'T TAKE THE KEYS OUT. If you re-install the factory unit without the keys in it, the side tabs will stick out too far and scratch the dash. I watched a Mazda mechanic do this to the car next to mine when I was getting an oil change. I probably won't go back.

Yah, I had the same problem within the first hour of my road trip to Vegas... tossed in an old skool hip hop CD (always good for driving :) and blammo - stuck in there. Of course, some of my friends blame the fact that it was an old skool hip hop CD...

Anyways, it was raining out and although I knew there would be a fuse I could pull to try and reset the deck, I decided I didn't want to kneel on da wet ground so I pooped the hood, disconnected the battery terminal and put it back on and everything was fine till now. Still no problems...

I have had my car since early august and the deck skips sometimes but always plays all my burned CD's and everything. And since I am broke.. no upgrade for da stereo yet :)

lying in bed.. thinking about this dilemma tonight- in a brand new car... should the disc player really skip this much and it be considered in good working order?? becuase i would consider it broken if some work and some don't... shouldn't it be covered by warranty or something like that? Any input?

Ok, i have kenwood exelon cd player in my car and it skips bad too. Im thinking the wiring mount is not very stable. There must be lots of vibration sent to the player. I get so mad when i close my glove box and the cd player skips too. Maybe my cd player is messed up, but i think the car has issues in this area.
Yellow P5
-moonroof 2000 miles :confused:

i'm in canada and i got a 2002.
my cd has not skipped once even with burned cd's in it.

Does anybody know about speakers and the deck specificiations for the p5? What manufacturer is OEM provider for Mazda? (ie. I heard Alpine is OEM for Honda's civics)

I'm also told that US P5 front speakers are 6.5", while here in Canada, the speakers are 5.25", but could be fitted wih 6.5" speakers given a mounting bracket (sigh, even more !@*# money).

The factory speakers front speakers on the American version are 5x7.

Mike

I just bought my Pro5 right after thanxgiving. It only has 1577 on the odometer, and the stock cd player started skipping like mad today. I've had some problems w/ skipping when I play burned cds, but not like this with a brand new cd. It was sounding like dj crackhead doing 240 bpm. So I roll up to the dealer, and the cd doesn't skip there (Murphy's Law).

The parts guy there said that cd skipping has been a problem for the Pros especially with burned cds. The waiting list for swapping stock head units was 3 months. :( I'll just wait for a recall. In the mean time I'm going to save some cash to buy a new head unit. Tah-tah.

My cd player skipped before i even drove it off the lot... 9mi on odo. i was playing an imation cdr (80min green surface) i had burnt it earlier that afternoon. sliver cd's and maxwell music cdr's dont skip. the music cdr's are a little bit pricier, but its worht it for me until i can afford kenwood or aiwa mp3 head unit

Panasonic is the OEM manufacturer for the "modular" system in the Pro 5's.
I too have an occasional skipping problem, but only after about an hour of playing.

Back