2003 Model Year

D

Dai

Has there been any information about the 2003 model yet?

Any changes, additions, etc. etc.???

Thanks

Heard that the automatic shifter will become those stick/automatic type. Sorry, can't explain well.. Hope you understand what I mean.

I don't know if this is true or not, but this is from http://www.geocities.com/lonestarrd/Page_1.html

Is the Protege to drop off in 2003?

As the Protege reaches the end of its planned design cycle, there are many rumors and questions as to what's to happen to this small car. The new MP3 (M3, Mazdaspeed 3) will be shown at the New York auto show this year and will come equipped in Turbo 2.0l trim. 2003 will be the end of the 'Protege' as we know it. The name is being replaced to fit into Mazda's re-design of alphanumeric model designations. Could this be the next car?

m3.jpg

Sources do indicate that this is one of the possible hatchback variations of the new car, and there are some more conventional looking versions. I am pretty sure it will use the new engine, the 178hp 2.3L aluminium block which it shares with the new Atenza. Ford is actually doing development of that engine in Europe for use in it's RC Focus models. From what I understand, ALL Ford high performance work in Europe (4 cylinder work, at least) will be using the Mazda based engine.

kenji, whered u hear that?

it would suck if i get a 2002 p5 and then next year it gets 50 more hp and 4WD. but i personally think it will stay the same, no major changes.

the protege will be remodeled for 2004, renamed mazda3

Back