How do you remove the spoiler on the P5?

MrFoggy

:
2002 Protege5
This may belong in the "Appearence" board, but I figured that since my question is specific to the PFizzle, I'd post here.

Basically, since I got my Bazooka installed, the 5 is suffering from a BAAAAD case of the rattles. I want to take the spoiler off, and line the edges with double sided foam tape to minimize the rattles from the spoiler, and when I checked under the rear deck lid, there were 4 openings that ran along the top covered with black stoppers.
But get this. Only the outside 2 have screws to remove! The inside ones have no screws, kinda hard to explain, but they look like mini-posts or something. Maybe I can take pics...

Anyway, anyone have any thoughts?

Good question, foggy. My Basslink rattles the s--t out of my spoiler too. I searched and came up with nothing.
Anybody?

Do a search. Someone, peraps pat (linuxracer) posted the diagram from the shop manual dictating how to take off the spoiler. Search "spoiler" and look through the posts for a diagram.

rattles and basslink

You guys can hear the rattle while inside your car? Or, is it like a trunk rattle? A rattle that can only be heard outside...

Natey, how's that basslink sound? I'm considering one.

Nope. From inside it sounds perfect.
I only hear the rattle when I turn up the basslink(which I love, by the way) and stand outside of the car.

spoiler.jpg

It's Acutally no the Spoiler..But it's the tail Light in the Spoiler!!

Chas

monki said:
why would anyone want to make a p5 look ugly ?

We don't wanna make it ugly, we wanna get rid of the ugly sound the roof-spoiler makes when we turn up the bass! ;)

Ugly?

Does the P5 look ugly without the rear addition? I'd like to see pic's! I've always thought that spoilers are ridiculous unless they're there for a reason (like the cavalier i saw the other day with a race wing attached, I'm sure there was a real danger that he'd take flight :rolleyes: ..... Of course the thing on the Protege isn't really a spoiler, but i'd like to see how it looks without the 'body kit' (ground effects body panels etc.)

-Sp

Back