Lumiko bulbs

G

gene in cincinnati

I just picked up a PR5 for my wife last night. Awesome car!

Has anyone ever heard of or use Lumiko Xenon-looking bulbs? There is a 3-series board I go to and everyone seems to like these bulbs.

If not Lumiko, what bulbs would you recommend for the low, highs and fogs?

Also, has anyone replaced the front side bumper reflector with a clear reflector? Just curious. If you have, do you have a pic?

Thanks!!

Gene

Congrats Gene!!
As far as the side bumper marker lights go, a couple of guys were using Dodge Neon ones, but they are designed to be flush mounted and didn't look 100% right. The 3rd gen. RX7 looks a lot closer, but I haven't heard if they work or not, since they cost about $150.

I had my car for about a half hour when a friend offered to vinyl over the corner lamp (the orange ones on front quarter panels) to make it body color. id rather have clear lenses with colored or super white bulbs though. has anyone popped the orange off of the front turn signals? seems like a fresnel based orange lens/disk, cant tell how it is affixed.
btw, avoid the nokya's they burn out really quickly, had them in my sentra they didnt last very long either dual hi/low's or turn signals.

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: pthree ]

I've replaced my low-beams and fog lamps with Eurolite Xenon Fusion bulbs. Only problem is I had a low beam burn out after a couple of months. This could have been a fluk as the element wasn't burnt, something else in the bulb went. The dealer replaced them both no charge.

Low beams are H7, fogs areH3.

I am going to purchase Lumiko H7s tomorrow for $35 plus shipping. Does anyone know if this is a good price?

Also, I am going to the NAIAS in Detroit on Thursday. I'll take a bunch of pictures of the new Mazdas (especially the RX-8) and post them on my site.

Thanks!

[ 01-13-2002: Message edited by: gene in cincinnati ]

Latest posts

Back