Elantra GT & Suzuki Aerio

S

slooper

Hey guys,
I saw an elantra GT yesterday. It looked pretty European-almost like a SAAB. So I went and test drove one today. They SAY it has a "sport" suspension but the body roll was awful. I'd hate to see how the non-sport suspension handles. Anyway, everything else was cool. Exterior styling was different but appealing. Leather is STANDARD! Although, here in Phoenix, that's actually a bad thing. Side airbags as well. 140HP out of a 2.0L. Any thoughts?

Also, while I was there, I caught a flyer on the new Suzuki Aerio. The front of the flyer had the hatchback version. From a distance I thought it was a P5! Yellow paint and rear spoiler. Anyway, they say it pushes 140HP yadda yadda yadda. Anyone heard anything about this? Looks like the most direct competition to the P5 than anything else out there.

COMPETITION SEEMS EVERYWHERE NOW WITH THE FORD FOCUS ZX5, PONTIAC VIBE AND TOYOTA MATRIX ALL ARE COMPETITION BUT ILL STICK WITH MY P5 THE CAR THAT STATED IT. :)

I dunno. The Vibe and Matrix are more SUVish than the P5 and although they have mmore hp, the sportyness isn't there. And the focus is just plain funny looking, and to be less subjective, it is significantly taller than the P5. I know everyone here loves their P5, and it's still my number one choice, but I'm looking for some constructive discussion here.

Please. I would smoke the sh*t out of the Elantra GT and the Suzuki Aerio. Its not even competiton. Im even trying to take shots at the Focus SVT. Pro5's run the streets. We just have to focus on aftermarket mods and driving techs'..u know! :D

JUST TO LET YOU GUYS KNOW I HAVE BEATEN THE 4DR SEDANS OF THE FOCUS BUT NOT THE HATCHES I GET THEM IN 1ST THEN HANG WITH THEM IN 2ND THEN WHEN I GO TO 3DR IS WHEN THE START TO PULL ON ME ANYONE NOTICE HOW MUCH POWER WE LOSE IN 3RD IT SUCKS....NEED SOME NOS TO CURE THAT PROB....UNLESS SOMEONES GOT A BETTER IDEA FOR 3RD..?? :D

I know thats right because i raced this '99 Civic Ex and right when hit 3rd the car started to lose its balls. SHE didnt pull to far ahead of me before i caught her. Downshifting from 2nd to 1st will get your 5 blown up eventually so that idea's out. 1st gear is solid and i wish 3-5 would be as buff. Its annoying! :mad: :D

so i aint the only one whos noticed it huh..thats good....hum wonder what there is to beef up 3rd and 4th i mean i would love to be able to keep the same power from 1st and 2nd all the way till the end.. anyone else got any experiences ;) :(

I test-drove a Elantra GT as well and have pretty much simmilar impression, I was really bugged by all the body roll and looseness in the handleing. But was really happy with the interior. Leather, 6 speaker stereo, tractcion controll, tons of standard features. And decent styleing...but the dealership guys were real shmucks, and I ended up getting a stellar deal on my P5 anyways. As for the vibe and matrix, they are cool and all that, but definatly bigger than our cars, more van/SUV like. Cool, but not for me.

Back