Drivers Window

R

Racer 5

Is anyone else experiencing a "rattling" noise when the drivers window is about 1/2 way down and hitting slight bumps?? Please reply if you do or don't. Thanks. <<< I am new to this board, I bought my MP5 in August 2001, Black 5 Speed :: and I Love It!!::>>>

actually i just noticed it the other day. i am going to take my car back to the dealer next week about some paint messed up on the hood, and i was going to ask them about it while i was there. its rather annoying. :mad:

Yep, I notice it too. Very faint but noticeable even when closed.

BTW, my driver side front window wouldn't go down all the way a few days ago, so I sent it to the dealer and hoped that it was some insulator that came loose and got in the window's way (and also causing the rattle). The dealership fixed it (yep, some insulator came loose indeed), but the rattle is still there!!! damn!!!

Anyone notice the headliner rattles a lot too?

anyway, if you guys get the rattling fixed by the dealer, please keep us informed. Thanks.

This rattling noise is about the only thing that annoys me about this car. And to tell you the truth, it is starting to piss me off--the car is only like 4 months old. I haven't noticed it when it is all the way up, but I will have to pay closer attention to it. I also experience some headliner rattling --- It seems to be coming from the sunroof shade panel. The panel they used is kinda cheap relative to my Honda Civic's(which I thought was cheap until I bought the P5) The panel dosen't seem to be "tight" enough or something. I am gonna call the dealer to see what we can do --- but you know those dealer service people -- I'd rather poke my eye with a hot needle than deal with them.

Racer 5, yeah, i have the same feeling also. My old Honda Civic didn't start to rattle until it was like 3-4 years old (at least i didn't notice it). I can't imagine what would it be like when my P5 gets old...

Anyway, the dealer will probably tell you that's the way it is or they can't do much... i was thinking of adding some insulator material inside the panels myself to see if it reduces rattling.

Douggie, Hopefully when my P5 is 3-4 years old It will belong to someone else and I will be driving something else!! LOL But, I have a feeling that Mazda isn't gonna cover it unless it won't roll up or is leaking or something. A lot of warranties will not cover "squeaks and rattles" (actual terms they used in the disclosure when I bought the Civic). I will have to read my warranty papers b4 I go to the dealer for the Mazda.

Actually I did notice a lot of rattling in my car about the second month of ownership. It turned out to be behind the map lights in the roof. I brought it to the dealer and they heated it up and re-torqued the bolts down and it didn't rattle anymore.

Thanks TWA, I will have to mention this to the dealer. By the way, I am from Connecticut too! Where in Connecticut are you? I am in New Haven area. Hope to hear from ya.

I'm located in Hartford. I bought my P5 at Morande in Manchester. If you're driving and you notice that your headliner is rattling, push up (just gently should be good) and if the rattle goes away than that's the same rattle I had that the dealer fixed. It was completely driving me nuts, my fiance doesn't get bothered by that, but she was bothered by me complaining about it all the time! I was really excited to have the rattle fixed.

Thom

WITH REGARDS TO THE HEADLINER RATTLE, I FOUND MY DOME LAMP TO BE RATTLING. USE SOME FELT TAPE STRIPS TO INSULATE THE DOMELAMP AND THE RATTLE WILL BE GONE

I've noticed a slight rattle that's really hard to locate. I think it's coming from where the seatbelt is attached to the middle pillar. That assembly where it can be slid up and down sounds like it's the culprit.

Yeah, since the weather has turned cold, there's faint rattling noises everywhere and it's driving me nuts! :(

ABC --- I have noticed a squeaking noise from the seatbelt tensioner on the pillar, or even in the belt "gear". not sure

Racer 5:

I think the noise(s) many owners have identified as driver/passenger door, dome light and dash is really coming from the seatbelt tensioner. In mine, both the drivers and passengers has this slight clicking / squeeking sound. Too bad it can't really be fixed since I doubt Mazda would authorize a replacement for noise. It's just a fit and finish issue we'll have to live with.

Originally posted by Racer 5:
<STRONG>ABC --- I have noticed a squeaking noise from the seatbelt tensioner on the pillar, or even in the belt "gear". not sure</STRONG>

Actually I have no rattles right now. I've had no problems with my seat belt tensioner. My rattle was definitely coming from the dome light and was fixed by the dealer.

Back