BLEW MY TRANSMISSION

S

Siano

I CALLED THE DEALER AFTER MY CAR STARTED ROLLING WHEN IT WAS IN PARK. SO WHEN I CALLED THEY WANTED BE TO BRING IT IN IMMEDIATLY AND 2 HOURS LATER I GOT A CALL SAY THAT THE TRANSMISSION BLEW AT 12,500 MILES. DID ANYONE ELSE HAS TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS? :confused:

auto or manual?
11.6k on my auto and its fine.
knock on wood <knocking on my head>

My friend in Texas has a Blue 5 and he has like 17k and no problems. Um..i would hate to think its u who caused the trans to go/blow. Do u think the dealer rigged your s*** on purpose? Well, i've heard stranger things happen. Work it out. :D

Mazda's automatic is notoriously weak. Normally you can expect them to go out about every 60,000 miles, 17,500 is really early. You probably just got a bad one, it does happen. :) As long as they replace it then don't worry about it.

Yup, mazda trans really suck. Then again I could just be a bad driver.... Blew 2 on a 1993 626. I have a manual P5 now, had one scare last night. Pulled into my drive way, yanked up the hand break as I always do, took my foot off the break... and started rolling back!!! Scared the you know what out of me. Looked over my hand brake, was up 95% of the way. Moved back into place and tried again, this time it took. ANybody else have this problem??

no probs here except sometimes i have to double clutch to get reverse

You guys are talking all crazy saying that there is a waiting period of P5's...where i live they have to many of them and they are selling them for $15,000 +tax,tag,title...They have them in every color too and lots of yellow ones

Well i would never get a automatic trans so i have less worries than most of the ppl who do own auto's. Maint. checks and proper driving should eliminate alot of future problems as well. U know my saying though...

Back