Attn: Snowmongoose... your MP3 engine cover?

W

WidowMaker

I say you had the Mp3 plastic engine cover. Were you able to get the fabbed up mounts to work? Is it solid on the homemade mounts? Also do all the engine covers say Mp3? Lastly, what was the approximate cost of the cover and did you price the valve cover?
thanks,
Charles Smith
Ps, gots lots more questions for you but will get to that later.

Hey Charles!

Run a quick search thru some of the older threads here... Snomongoose got the Mp3 cover on using a bit of ingenuity and some work if I recall correctly - and I don't believe he forked out any money for a new valve cover... because the valve cover is a bit of cash you don't need to buy if you work at it.

Although personally, I haven't installed the cover and I don't think I will (I am the only person who looks under my hood :)

Thanks LostMind, I was reading through some of the old posts and saw Snomongoose was able to get it on. I was still hoping to find out how solid it is on the car. (if someone grabbed it, would it move around or is it nice and solt with the car radio back supports) Also I can't see in the pic but I think the cover says MP3 on it. If this is correct and there are no other covers with just a Mazda emblem, I will not do it. I like the cover but my P5 is not a MP3 so I would not put an MP3 emblem anywhere on the car.
Thanks again,
Charles Smith

Charles,

Yes I did install the cover.

It isn't rock solid but it doesn't move that much at all. All I did was use a set of backstraps for car stereo's and it was done.

At the price the dealer wants for the metal valve cover ($200 american) they can keep it.

Mike

Back