Sunroof Question

P

provencher_vt01

Having ordered my car a while back and then being told it was going to take longer than expected, my dealer is looking for what I want at other dealers. While out of town I received a call saying he found what I want minus the sunroof. He mentioned in the message that they could install the sunroof at the dealer when it gets in. Has anyone gone this route? Do you know of reasons not to do this (structual, leaking, etc)? Again to restate...it will be installed by Mazda. I have heard of aftermarket sunroofs leaking and don't know if dealer installed reduces those odds. Thanks for all you help.

Matt

I doubt "Mazda" will actually be installing the sunroof. Most gear added at the dealer is not done by any Mazda personnel at all, it is sub-contracted to local shops. It's very likely that your dealership will send your car somewhere else to get the sunroof done. I think it's pretty obvious the problems that can arise with this.

Thanks Mark. You were right. Spoke with the dealer and an area shop will be doing it. Supposedly they are pretty good but I think I'll just wait a bit longer and get one straight from the factory.

Matt

apparently this practice happens a lot now a days. i haven't really heard of any problems with it, i've heard that most of the time they do a excellent job. but, i don't think i'd want to risk it either...

Back