First day with my MHP intake!!!

A

afrey2002

Today I opened a MHP carbon fiber intake for x-mas, and my day's been a roller coaster. Right after installing it I took it around to check out the new power, 15 minutes into my adventure It got pulled to a hault by California highway patrol. I got a ticket for going 94mph on the on ramp! I wasn't even on the freeway yet. But my day got better, I love the new sound I get from the intake, I coulden't be happier. Then a white Protege with exhaust pulled up next to me and wanted to race, So I did, and I smoked him. He had me pull over and told me thier part of a racing team "Link Connection" (anybody heard of them?) he claimed there are like 25 cars in the team right now, he offered me a spot and I accepted. I guess I get decals soon, then I'll be up on the racing scene. I like the MHP way better than the AEM, just to let anybody out there know. peace out!

Wow, 94mph on an on ramp? geez. :)

Any chance of seeing some pics of the MHP?

coolness. :)

where did you get this intake?? and how much $$ was it??

thanks!

I'll try to get some pics of the intake. yeah go to www.mhptuning.com But I have no idea how much it cost because I got it for chirstmas. I bet it'll say on the site though.

haha Dood, sounds like something out of that raceing game Midnight Club from PS2, but at any rate, way to go. I definatly want MHP cai, looks and seems to be the most effective of all the intakes for our car so far. *thumbs up*

I just checked out the site. The price was listed as 346 dollars which seems good, but anyone know how much hp this will add. I love the P5 but man, I would really like a bit more "zoom-zoom". I would rate myself as car stupid, wouldn't know how to change a spark plug, and would like to know what should be done on the P5 to give it some strength. What are the best mods I can have done??

Ryan, as far as I know (and I'm not the most informed person on this forum that's for sure) the best bang for your buck upgrade available is the FE-ZE camshaft replacement. You can get these at the corksport web site, and they get them used of the Jap spec. version of our engine. The cam will bump up hp quite a bit. And the cam itself is pretty cheap, the only b**** is paying to have the work done. And sence that involes takeing the top half of the engine apart to do it, it's alot of $$$.

Is there any performance difference between the carbon fibre one and the polished aluminum? Probably not performance, but there is that $100 price difference.

Back