Rusting muffler?

• Thread starter hakushi no sakura
  • Start date
H

hakushi no sakura

I got my P5 in October, and only has 2300km (around 1300-1400mi) and already the muffler has rust. Not on the outside, but on the inside of the tip. I took it to Mazda, and they said every car is like that due to condensation and didn't do anything about it. I did rust-proofing on my car too. So, does anyone else have this problem? It doesn't occur anywhere else, just the inside of the tip of the muffler.

I can't check with my other cars either, because my old car was a VW beetle, and the muffler was hidden so I never saw it, and same with my van, so any help would be appreciated.

um i havent noticed it on the stock my dtm exhaust i dont know havent looked but also it might depend on where you live also...like out east things rust because of the salt air and etc........ but here in arizona nothing really rusts unless its not taken car of.........

Yeah like my man said, the only reason it has rust is because the owner has been treating the car like a step-child. I had my muffler on for 2 weeks before it was swapped out for a aftermarket exhaust, so i dont know but my boy has had his on since September and his looks fine. The dealer must have told u some bullsh*t cause they(5's) dont come rusted, know way. :D

Yeah like my man said, the only reason it has rust is because the owner has been treating the car like a step-child. I had my muffler on for 2 weeks before it was swapped out for a aftermarket exhaust, so i dont know but my boy has had his on since September and his looks fine. The dealer must have told u some bullsh*t cause they(5's) dont come rusted, no way. :D

LOL, Korey, I just had to post, cause I use that phrase all the time "treat you like a step-child". My girl isn't so fond of it when it's directed toward her, lmao!

The inside of my Sports Exhaust is all rusted too. I didn't take very long...I think I had the car for about 2 weeks when I noticed the rust inside. It hadn't even snowed yet so it was just the rain. Maybe leftover salt on the road mixed with rain water?

Sly's Protege5 Page

Lucky for you justin, being in AZ. No ice, snow, salt, right? Do potholes even exist down there?

um yeah actually we do get snow and rain and yeah there are some huge ass pot holes.......in fact arizona has issued a road repair act to redue all the streets and widen them so we got construction pot holes and just regular pot holes fukkin sucks.......... :rolleyes:

Back