Electrochromic Mirror w/Compass & Temp

• Thread starter gene in cincinnati
  • Start date
G

gene in cincinnati

Has anyone installed this? Is there a power line that needs to be run to the mirror?

compasstempmirror.gif

Thanks!

Yeah, I've put a couple in. You'll need power and ground and if you get the temperature option you'll need to run line out under the hood.

Do you work for a dealer or service center? How easy was it to install? Does the power cable look ok? Does it come with the mirror? Do you have any pictures? Can I ask a few more questions?!?

Thanks!

Where can you get this mirror? It it a Mazda item?

Sorry no pics. I work for Circuit City. A few of my customers brought theirs in to be put in. It's actually really easy and the power cord tucks right up in to the headliner so you only see it for maybe an inch at the most.

I've got the mirror as well. It's great. My dealer installed it and there are 4 wires coming out of the ceiling to the mirror (shrink wrapped to look like one wire. It looks like an arm that would hold a rear view mirror if it wasn't attached to the window (looks fine in other words). The problem I have is that if my wife flips the passenger visor down it hits the mirror and throws it out of alignment. Other than that daily occurance/annoyance its great.

Yeah man, I can't stand when my girl flips the visor down and stares at the mirror for the whole ride! But I gotta admit it would really bother me if she flipped it down and it hit the rear-view mirror everytime, now I'm definitely not getting one!

How hard is it to remove the factory mirror to install this one?

My dealer finally installed mine the other day. It actually looks pretty good. Neither visors interfere with the mirror in my car. I haven't tested the accuracy of the compass or thermometer yet. My pics here.

Sly's Protege5 Pictures

hey sly
those leather seats look sweet! how the hell did u get that?

My dealer sent my car out to a local shop to get it done. The leather is made by Katzkin and on their website, you can check if they have an authorized installer near you. It only set me back $1500 :rolleyes:

hey sly
those leather seats look sweet! how the hell did u get that?

[ 02-19-2002: Message edited by: Sly ]

What was the price tag on that electrochomic mirror and compass temp? I heard that the katzkin wasnt authentic leather..is or does it feel like it is. No jokes intended. :D

Retail is $236...you can get them online for $198.

I thought the Katskins were seat covers, but I am not sure. It's hard to find info about the product on the web.

What? It definitely is leather. The brochure I got with it say it is "the finest hand crafted top grain leather interior upgrade available in the aftermarket". It looks like it. It feels like it. It smells like it!

These are not seat covers. They are actually sewed on the seats, as you can see from my pictures. Are you guys looking at the right website? Plenty of info on Katzkin's website. They even have an interior photo sample for the P5 (click on INTERIORS, then SEAT SAMPLES, then MAZDA).

Katskin: http://www.katzkin.com
My pics: http://66.189.57.178/protege5/

What was the price tag on that electrochomic mirror and compass temp? I heard that the katzkin wasnt authentic leather..is or does it feel like it is. No jokes intended.

My bad - others had mentioned that they were seat covers and the site has always been down when I tried to go there.

Your seats look awesome!

Korey...what? What did I say? I was trying to answer you and Gene at the same time.

Back