Finding someone using license plate info?

H

High5

Well some jerk hit my new Protege 5, on my drivers side door, and of course said he did not do it. He would not give any info, guilty, so all we have is his license plate info. All we want is to have his insurance pay for it. If anyone can help out in anyway, i.e. websites, places to go, cost, anything at all, we appreciate it. Thank you...

[ 02-06-2002: Message edited by: High5 ]

I'm pretty sure if you take the license plate info to the DMV or Tag Office, tell them WHY you need that person's info, they should be able to give it to you. All that info is public information, you just have to pay a small amount for it. Good Luck.

If that happened to me I'd go directly to the police and file a report. They can definitely get the owner info from the plate number. Generally up here the insurance companies want to see a police report on something like that before they'll pay out.

Here is the license plate info...

Texas(truck) JG2LC

It's a special Texas Flag plate so there are only 5 characters. Thanks to all those who respond.

[ 02-06-2002: Message edited by: High5 ]

go to the police, they will be able to reconstruct the accdident, and determine if he in fact did it. Then, it will not only be his responsibility to pay, but he may be charged with leaving the scene of an accident, obstruction of justice. My one question is ... Why didn't you call the police when you first noticed it?

in the state of arizona if you leave or the scene of the crime then they cant do a report so all you can do is go to the dmv and get his address and name and etc. and file it with you insurance and then get a police report from that because then you can get him/her for hit and run.......... i know cause i am going through the same thing right now i got rear ended and the fukker took off and i tried to catch him but i got stuck in traffic.........luck little s*** if i ever find him i am gonna fukk him up.........

Back