Accident

D

deejayspinz

Sorry all - I have to vent. Not a happy camper right now. Driven for 15 years with no accidents. Get a P5 as my first new car and BAM! Just got rear ended.. Not that bad. The left side of the bumper has deep scratches and compressions on it. Luckily nothing touched the lights or the metal. The bumper placement has not shifted at all. The hit was more of a hard "rub" (other drivers right front bumper and my left rear) than a direct hit. Any ideas as to cost? I do not suspect that there has been any more damage than surface scratches. Can autobody shops fix ABS bumpers? Can they what they do to metal (i.e. filler, sand, repaint) but with ABS technology? Or do they just replace the thing?

Dave

I am sorry to hear about you misfortune. Accidents are horrible. to tell you the truth i am more afraid to get into an accident than anything else, because I don't want my car to get messed up. I think i would rather replace the whole bumper.

My P5 is my very first car, I'm only 17 and 5 days into the fist week some jerk in Jack in the box backed out and hit my car parked next to it, the guy just took off leavig me with damage to the drivers side door and pasenger door totalling well over a grand and a half. That was October 4th and I still havent gotten enough money to fix it, especially since my deductable is $1000. So if you ever see a light blue BMW Z3 with an old buisness type guy driving it,key the hell out of it.

I just got hit in the same area but my car is going to need a new rear bumper, left taillight and my hatch isn't closing correctly. I was hit by a Pontiac Sunfire
and even though my car needs some fixin', I'm glad I wasn't him, his car was undriveable, his bumper fell down, his hood bent in half, his lights (both) feel out, my friends are shocked that my car only received minor damage compared to his!!

I hope all of you got the insurance company to pay for the cars deperciation b/c of the wreck. I didn't even know about this until someone rearended my wife. I thought we should be paid since the car has been in an accident and it will not resale as high if the buyer finds out that it's been wrecked. So I asked the insurance company about them paying extra for it's depreciation, and they paid us $1800. And she was just rearended and it caused her to hit the rear of a blazer. Just thought I'd let you guys know that.

Watch out for small animals! I hit a racoon on a country road. I braked too late. It cracked the front skirt just below the driver side fog light, and his teeth left a deep scratch by the fog light (I got pics of you wanna see the damage). Someone being artist scratched a smiley face in my back bumper, real deep. They also made a gash below the smiley face. I had the front damage, and the scratches in the back fixed by a friend who paints cars for a living...$150. Looks new, can't even tell they were there unless I tell ya! ;) That's the only damage so far...'knock on wood'

Well, I too had an accident, more severe however. It involved the first snow, me, and a ditch with a tree. I slid off a corner and into this ditch caching the tree in the rear passenger door. This wasnt good, smashed the light and quarter pannel as well. 3700$ dmg done to it. Im gonna get som SNOW tires. Taking it to a good body shop, insurance covers it - 500 deductable.

Back