Break in Period...

F

fastdrvr23

How many of you guys here followed the 600 mile break in period per the owner's manual instructions? So far I have only gone about 350 miles. I have not braked excessively, or kept the same speed, but I have revved up to around 5,500 RPM's a few times. Any opinions on the break in period in general or whether or not I am going to hurt anything??
I intend to keep treading lightly, but does anyone think there has been any damage done just by running ~5k Rpm's? (I doubt it here, but just curious)
Having a brand new car is new to me. :) Thanks...

reving your car isnt going to do anything but when driving and running at high rpms and not shifting to different gears to keep rpms down will because the engine hasnt had enough time or exercise to be doing that....so just give it some time and nurse it like its a baby learing how to walk then i would say after your first oil change then you can start getting on it i do my oil changes every 3000 miles just keeps it going good...........i am a fanatic about keeping things running smoothly.....

You won't have a problem. I think a lot of that is voodoo. I mean, I wouldn't drag the thing with 500 miles on it, but @ about 500-1000 miles, I had mine up to almost 100mph. I have 7500 miles on mine now, and it runs like a champ. No ticking, no power losses. Take it easy, but never be afraid to drive it!! Plus, if you're like me and you bought the 100k mile warranty, you wouldn't give a s***!! They would just install another motor for ya!!! LOL, anyway, good luck with your P5!! :)

Back