got new p5!

K

<kemetic>

Hey everyone I am new to the site! I bought a p5 today in classic red! All for the price of $16,400 with automatic transmission! Boy am I happy!!

you yanks get it easy.
i paid $27000 canadian after taxes, financing, registration PDI freight and all that other stuff
i got silver 5spd AC/Moonroof and in canada the floor mats are free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the again i just walked on the lot and said i want that and didn't bargain with them.
impulse buying baby!!!!!!!!!!!11

Actually, we're the ones who get it easy. In the US the Protege5 lists for US$16,905 -- that's CDN$27,000 BEFORE taxes, options, freight, PDI, etc. We only have to pay CDN$19,895 to start (US$12,500). Huge difference in our favour!

i would agree with the american i got mine in arizona for a little under 19,000 .......silver/5spd power everything no moonroof to much noise in my mind although it is a cool thing to have i like driving with the top off.......big deal..... and as far as getting one in an automatic i hope you dont plan on doing much with it speed wise because if so your first mistake was getting an automatic........but if your going for all show and no go then your on the right path........good luck

Wow, you're right. With the low CDN dollar, we ARE getting a great deal. I was always thinking of the dollar at the 70 cent level (wow, how long ago was that :eek: ), but now that I use the current exchange rate, a $19k USD P5 is $30k CDN! We can get a MP3 out the door for that price!

I got my P5 for $27000 CDN with auto and aircon. That's only $17k USD.

[ 02-05-2002: Message edited by: hakushi no sakura ]

Hey, I'm a Canadian living in Oklahoma, I got mine in Norman for the invoive price as it stated on the mazda sit...it was the second one sold by the dealer and the 4th in the OKC area....got it last Jul and it is one of the greatest cars I have ever owned...only time will tell if it is the greatest....even with the exchange rate on the dollar and paying a 3.25% tax it was still cheaper for me to buy in the states, I'll be out of Canada for a total of 5 years so no duty when I go back and the only add I have to make is the dat-time running lights

hey wraith13, what color is your PR5?? Maybe I've seen it around. Where do you live???

Fellow Canucks, I'm afraid you guys are getting taken to the cleaners. :mad:

I know two P5 owners who bought their rides for $25,080 all inclusive ($22 even before taxes). One was a 5sp/air/moonroof, the other was an auto/air.

I''m looking to buy in the next few months, and have already agreed to similar pricing with a local (Winnipeg) dealer.

Originally posted by gondola:
<STRONG>I know two P5 owners who bought their rides for $25,080 all inclusive ($22 even before taxes). One was a 5sp/air/moonroof, the other was an auto/air.
</STRONG>

$22,000 is a decent price if that includes the $895 freight/PDI charge.

JUST PICKED MINE UP YESTERDAY $24,765.25 OUT THE DOOR TAX AND ALL, CANADIAN.
BLUE, 5SP, A/C, MOONROOF, DEALER INSTALLED BRA AND TINT. JUST TAKE SOME TIME TO SHOP AND BARGAN HUNT.

Back