Hi-level converters and noise

Tbrik44

Hi. Im contemplating using a 2-way crossover with speaker-level inputs and so that I can use the factory single CD player. I saw 1st MP3 recommend the Audio Control unit, but its a little pricey for me and I dont need all the great eq functions it has. I found a Phoenix Gold unit from Sounddomain.com for $99.00 including shipping (its even made in the good old USA). Has anyone used the PG X2 unit? I will be running good quality RCA's (twisted Pair) back to 2 amps (one for the front Infinity components and one for a 12" sub in a sealed box. Is there a danger of more noise this way than with an aftermarket HU? This unit apparently doesnt have a line driver so whatever current goes in comes out, right? Ive read its better to have as high a volgtage signal as you can, but I dont know if thats a problem with the stock HU. Thanks

Speaker levels from a radio are usualy a high enough voltage.

The only Audiocontrol unit I mentioned was the EQS which is a 6 channel EQ / linedriver not an crossover.

The X2 is not an EQ it is only a crossover.
Your amplifiers unless absolute crap will have crossovers built into them. Good amps will have adjustable crossovers.

Back