P5 Color

A

<All4fun>

Now i'm confused. Does the P5 come in two different kinds of black?? or do they charge extra for black paint? I've heard several stories from several dealers on this one. Also, what's up with yellow availability? Some dealers say they get one for ever 100 they sell, some say they only come fully loaded. Anyone know if those are true statements? :confused:

i believe there is only one black. they have a "metallic paint charge for every color except red so that may be where the confusion lies. as for the yellow i'm not sure what the exact prportion is to other colors but i know it was hard to get my yellow and i had to wait like 12 weeks. i find it hard to believe that it would only come fully loaded 'cuz the car is almost loaded stock. i have a/c and moonroof.

i hope this helps.

I heard something like your saying about the yellow.

Someone told me yellows only come fully loaded (Auto, Roof, ABS).

This is untrue. I have seen Yello cars stick with nothing in it.

There were supposedly only going to build 1500 yellows (1 for every thousand or something like that)

Mike

And if that is the case, then some dealers must be in the know. The dealer up the road from me, Bank St. Mazda, located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, has 1 yellow up on the stand out front and 3 out back in the lot. So, that's 4 at one dealer in a small city in Ontario. The dealer where I bought my Midnight Blue one also had a few...sold one and one on the lot.

David

Here in Lotus-land Yellow is a hard color to get because of availability. Most dealers only order them full load 'cause they're the ones in demand. Some dealers have to "take" three Miatas for Mazda to send them a yellow. People are on wait lists for three or more months at some dealers for a yellow. Some are getting them leather-ed before the dealer even preps them! Looks pretty sweet! Red rules, though!

1 out of every 1000 protege 5 is yellow there are 175 dealerships in canada....50 are brought out every month that means one p5 per dealer every 3 months.....
we actualy have a yellow 5spd available for sale at my dealership

I've seen the yellows around, so Darren is the one that's on your lot fully loaded? A dealer told me today that he can order it for me w/o air, he just isn't sure when it would be there... I'm not too sure how i feel about that.

my salesman told me that there was a 6 month waiting list for yellow.
then when i phoned a couple days later to ask when i'd be getting my silver pro5 he said that it was still at "Port". he then proceeded to offer me a yellow one that "just" came in. liars.

Darran,
I really doubt yellow is limited like you say. I called mazda cust. service and they in fact said that yellow is limited and that dealers are lying when they say it is.

2 out of the 3 P5s my dealer has are Yellow. They have been sitting there forever. Both are autos with most options. The dealer was ready to give me them at $500 over invoice.
Charles Smith in Pittsburgh PA
Black Mica P5

Hey!!! If you have a lot of spare time you should come here in Quebec city, Canada. My dealer have the p5 of your choice and he's having some problem to sold is two mp3. So if you are neer and you need someone to gives you infos, leave a message.By the way he have 3 yellow p5 in stock.

i purchased my yellow p5 the first week they came out have had it for about 6 months now.was told hard to get also but seems to be alot around town now.ottawa canada.also air auto and sunroof are the only extra options everything else standard.

Back