What do you dislike about your P5?

Okay...this is for ZMZMZM, your passenger side visor will NOT hit the rear view mirror if you would just adjust it down....the mirror has a double ball and socket adjustment....there is one right at the glass and one at the mirror...if you will look at yours you will find the piece between the mirror and the glass fairly horizontal...adjust it by pulling down on the mirror..then twist the mirror back up so you can see through it again....this in effect lowers the mirror and gets it out of the way of the sunvisor. MINE was like this when I picked it up. :{D

I dont like how i keep getting fukkin tickets every damn 3 months for speeding in my car when i am in a group of about 50 cars on a free way and getting 2 with in a week in a 3month period it fukkin blows ass.............:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I think I would rather see a more positive thread... I think "Things I love about my P5" would get too big though Enjoy driving.

Hee Hee, sadly I first posted a topic that involved what owners love about their P5. THEN, I posted this one just to be fair. Sadly most owners chose to post about their dislikes much much more than what they liked about their P5. The first post is here:

http://forum.protegemp3.com/vbb222/showthread.php?threadid=1956

108 views and 22 replies for the dislikes post and only 6 views and 3 replies for likes post. Hmmmmm...

Charles Smith
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I don't like how it's so hard to unlock or lock the doors from inside the car. the Electronic toggle needs to be either on the arm rest or protrude justa little from the side ofthe sill

dislikes of my p5 are as follows

1) that damn lock/unlock switch - how is one supposed to reach that comfortably?

2) i live in vancouver(rain 24/7) - heated mirrors would have been cool on the p5

3) gear crunch when going from 1st to 2nd on a cold engine.

4) the sidemarkers don't blink - what's up with that??? are they supposed to blink when the turn signal is on?

other than that the p5 is tip top.

Hi,

That guy roswell was the only one that mentioned one thing that has been bothering me.

I can live with the lock/unlock switch being in a "not so great place", I can live with the noise and all that...

But I too noticed that the fabric part on the door is going to wear out rather quickly. I got mine on Jan. 11th, and I just clicked over 3,000 miles and I noticed that its going to start looking worn soon. I have to try to like remind myself while driving not to rest my arm there (but it's sooo comfy when I sit like that).

I am looking forward to hearing someones idea on how to change it out or fix it or something. Since I am one of the most inept people on this board, I will just have to "steal" someone elses idea.

Drive Safely!

Craig,

Good point about the worn fabric. We have 2300 miles and it's already starting to wear. I wonder how much it will be to replace that part.

WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING TO YOUR DOORS THAT THE CLOTH IS COMMING APART.............CAUSE I HAVE HAD MINE SINCE JUNE 29TH ON 2001 AND MINES JUST FINE...............

Dude, Justin...

I'm driving! Thats it man....Driving!

For my job, I gotta drive like all over the tri-state area. I commute to all different areas. I'm in the car for like up to an hour each way. All I do is rest my arm/elbow on the door ledge by the window. It's aggravating that I know that its getting worn down already!

Gene, I wouldn't be about replacing it, just for the simple fact that I know it would get worn down again!

My other car (wich is soon to be sold...boo hoo) is all plastic there. So nothing there is worn down. I was thinking that it would be cool looking to get some sort of carbon fiber insert (similiar to what we have near the radio) to take the place of the fabric....But like I said, I am very inept when it comes to this stuff...

Justin, don't get me wrong....It's not totally worn down or ripped or anything....It's just that I get the feeling and can already tell that this is going to need my attention soon....

By the way...Did you do that race in Phoenix yet? If so, how did you do?

I'm also one of those who's used to driving with their elbow up on the door. It's a very comfortable way to drive and I'm having a hard time training myself to not do that in my P5. I've only had the car a month but it was obvious from day one that the fake suede up there on the door would be a wear problem. Fortunately, it's only a problem with the window up. Window down, my elbow goes further out and rests on the rubber window seal.

cmack98 said:
Dude, Justin...

I'm driving! Thats it man....Driving!

For my job, I gotta drive like all over the tri-state area. I commute to all different areas. I'm in the car for like up to an hour each way. All I do is rest my arm/elbow on the door ledge by the window. It's aggravating that I know that its getting worn down already!

Gene, I wouldn't be about replacing it, just for the simple fact that I know it would get worn down again!

My other car (wich is soon to be sold...boo hoo) is all plastic there. So nothing there is worn down. I was thinking that it would be cool looking to get some sort of carbon fiber insert (similiar to what we have near the radio) to take the place of the fabric....But like I said, I am very inept when it comes to this stuff...

Justin, don't get me wrong....It's not totally worn down or ripped or anything....It's just that I get the feeling and can already tell that this is going to need my attention soon....

By the way...Did you do that race in Phoenix yet? If so, how did you do?

Craig wuz up man

yeah i wuznt like being mean or anything just wana clairify that.....
also as far as the racing deal i havent run yet its on the 16th and 17th......... saturday is qualifacations.........and sunday is the tournement................ but glad to hear your interested in how i did............ yeah i would have to agree with you though on the arm things i guess if you drive that way it would happen i drive the opposite way with my right arm on the console and the left hand on the wheel........... and i think carbon fiber inserts would be tight for that....................

:D :D

Hey bmorton,

Well, it wasn't that obvious to me when I bought the car that it would be a problem! Hehehe, I gotta pay closer attention to this stuff!

Anyways, your right (on days like today where its like 60 something) and I got the window down all the way, its not a problem for me...

The only problem I have is once the window is down, the cars like a wind tunnel and it makes my hair look like the mad professor....I walk into these stores to start bullshittin about Playstation, and they look at me like im going to spaz out or someting, cause my hair's all crazy. My hair is juuuuust starting to thin, so I don't wanna have to wear a hat while driving (cause someone told me many moons ago that wearing a hat will make you go bald...don't ask me why, but I always believed them...)

Oh well, gotta figure something out!

the out fits like katzkins that sell the leather seat kits for the P-5's also have the door panel stuff too....to replace the IMATATION suade stuff on our doors with REAL leather.....I bet that they sell them seperately.....that would be ONE solution.

:D

cmack98: About it being too windy with the window down, here's something you could try. I noticed in one of my previous cars that if I had the driver's window all the way down, I could noticeably reduce the buffeting from the wind by opening the right rear passenger window 2" - 3". I've tried this in my P5 and it also works. It seems to let the air flow through the car a bit, rather than having it rush in around your head in quite the same way. The faster you're going the more noticeable the drop-off in the wind and noise is--this works for me, at least.

so far my only rants about the P5 are...

1. the wind noise above 70mph is really annoying...i get this whisling sound...uhhh...
2. not enough power...but that can always be fixed...
3. the paint job seems to be shoddy...i'm still working with the dealer on this one..

other than that i can really think of anything wrong with it...oh yeah...one more...my face is hurting...cuz i grin everytime i see my car...

Hey guys!
Just got my P5 this week. One thing I noticed that bothered me was when the moon roof was tilted up all the way, it nearly touched the roof rack and the space between the two made an awful loud noise at high speeds. Solution: OFF with the roof rack! Also, I noticed that little metal "wind deflector" that pops up when the moon roof is open. Next time you're going over 60, try pushing that thing down with your non-steering hand and see how much noise it cuts down. I couldn't believe it. Does anyone know if that thing is crucial to something else? I'd like to remove it but I don't want it to disable my blinkers or something stupid. :D
Also, I haven't really looked at it yet, but would it be hard to remove? Well, that's it for now.

Oh yeah. I've been asking about the autostick transmission for 2 months now. Three days after I buy my P5 suddenly the whole forum is blazing about "wait for the autostick! wait for the autostick!" Day late dollar short. :mad: :mad:

Back