water spots

dacalo

Hello all,

I live in an area that has some serious hard water ( i just moved here) :mad:

Stupid me, I left my brand new car outside and the sprinkler water got all over it.

I washed the car but the water spots wont go away.

I went to Pepboys and they recommended me rubbing compound, but it is a bit risky as it can take paint off as well. :rolleyes:

I also got some CLR for calcium build ups on the windows.

It seems like so much work just to keep the car clean. I would appreciate it if you guys can leave some tips for a noob.

BTW, I try to dry the car as quickly as I can in shade after washing it.

EDIT: I got some advices from people

1. Vinegar mixed with water works well to dissolve the minerals (water spots). Use newspaper to wipe

2. Toothpaste works as well but not confirmed yet.

Last edited:
Use some Maguires Scratch-X. It's super easy on the clearcoat and it'll take the waterspots right out. ;)

OK,heres what you do
Get your car real clean
Then ,
Find a giant shrink wrap machine and seal that baby up!
It'll always be clean and dry that way!And always smell like a new car!(rofl)
When you want to drive it ,just break the seal and tear it away!:D

J/K I don't know anything about hard water ,never had to deal with it??:confused: :D

That Scratch-X may be just a bit too harsh.
We have real hard water in PHX as well and I'd use their cleaner wax instead.

Good Luck. It'll work out.

I use Meguiar's Quik Detailer to take the water spots on my car plus it keeps the Classic Red shining.

Go pick up a few applicators and terry cloths and a bottle of zyml wax. Arizona water is one of the worst in the states and zyml worked great for the same problem I had...

azeli73 said:
Go pick up a few applicators and terry cloths and a bottle of zym? wax. Arizona water is one of the worst in the states and zym? worked great for the same problem I had...

i tried and no go...

i cant even get the water spots out of the windows!! :mad:

i have tried CLR (Calcium, Lime Remover) which is like ultimate solution and it still doesnt get the spots out on the windows!! :mad:

taking it to detail is the only solution i guess

Auto glym super resin polish works great and it takes all of the swirl marks out,then they have a sealer to put over that. That baby will shine better than the day you got it

Back