connecting power wire to battery terminal

im going to connect two power wires to my battery, but the ring terminals i have wont fit over the entire terminal. can i put them over the bolt that tightens the clamp over the terminal as long as they are sercure when im finished? also, can i just put them both on there, right on top of each other, or do i need a distribution block of some sort?
thanks.

Yay, your right on.
Use the bolt that tightens down the battery clamp on the battery terminal.
Using 2 right there on top of each other is no problem. you can also get aftermarket battery terminals but make sire it has enough spots for the stock wires and the added amp power wire.

1st MP3 in NH said:
Yay, your right on.
Use the bolt that tightens down the battery clamp on the battery terminal.
Using 2 right there on top of each other is no problem. you can also get aftermarket battery terminals but make sire it has enough spots for the stock wires and the added amp power wire.

For these aftermarket ones, dont you have to cut the stock clamp off of the positive batter wire and stip the wire and put it in the aftermarket harness? I think I should get one to clean up my engine bay with all the crap the audio place did to my power wires... any you recomend?

I like monster cables as the have never stripped out on me like all the others have. If you connect and disconnect alot then go moster. Also Tsunami has a sweet battery top distro block. Get there wrench or you won't be able to really tighten down the terminals.
You can cut and stripp the factory wires or get a battery terminal that has a post adapter that the stock clamp goes back on.

Here are the Monster Cable ones I have.

123741_80_full.jpg

123741_81_full.jpg

Back