Need some advice on selling my P5

talon4x4

Its time to get rid of the P5 and step it up to an EVO VIII. I'm wondering if anyone out there can tell me if $12,500 would be a good starting point to try and sell at.

They go for around $14500 at the dealers around here, seems kinda high. The kelley blue books says around 13,000.

I have an '02 Black P5 bought in Sept. 2001.

The specs:
It has about 19,xxx mile.
tinted windows
moonroof
abs and front/side airbags
polished stock rims
alpine head unit
two alpine amps (one for the 12" JL audio and other for the alpine type-r seperates in the front doors) rear speakers run off of the deck

Meticulousy mainted. The hood and front bumper will be sanded down and repainted to remove all rock chips and blemishes before its sold.

Thanks for any advice someone may provide!

In my experience selling cars private party it's better to ask a little higher than you'd think, because people will always try to lowball you.

Maybe say $12,999 or best offer. That way, someone might actually offer 12,500, then you can have the next person try to beat it.

sounds about right... I paid 11 for mine with a few more miles and a few less options, and a few more mods a couple months back...

Autotrader/autotrader.com are your best friend :)

wanna sell me some stereo equip.? i might be interested in one or both amps, the sub and the speakers....pm me with a price if youre willing to sell

andy_guerriero said:
Aren't you going to ask us if you should really BUY a Lancer Evo?

;)

Nope, I want the Evo soooo bad I can taste it. I had 2 Eagle Talon TSi/AWD cars, both around 300hp. But because of reliability issues I sold both of 'em. Now that I can get a car with that engine and a warranty.....I'm in heaven!!!

The Pro5 definetly has the looks but not the speed. Unfortunetly, it would never be even close. :(

I would go down on the price. Right now dealers in NJ are selling new ones at around $300-$500 over invoice. There is also a $2000 manufacturer rebate. So $300 over invoice - $2000 makes getting new PR5's much more attractice than used ones. Maybe just hold off until the rebate goes away. Seems like dealers around here can't get rid of them fast enough.

Back