Old 323gt Owner, New Mp Speed Owner.

I just go my SPEED after driving the Neon and feel that I made the right decision sticking with Mazda. The Neon has globs of power, but is lacking some major quality control. Any opinions on the Neon build vs Mazda?

Funny, that you mention that.......

There are no less than 25 threads comparing the two. And; it ain't ever a very perty picture... You is in MAZDASPEED Country, baby!!

No comparison in my opinion. Mazda builds a superior product.

Last edited:
yeah, you couldn't GIVE me a Neon....I don't care how much performance it has.....the numbers are tempting but it's still a domestic POS.

I think the 323gt is a masterpiece. way to stick w/Mazda. I said something about the whole neon and protege thing, That whole dispute boils down to do you want a Dodge or a Mazda? I also went with Mazda since I was pleased w/the RX-7

Samurai Jack.

It's like comparing a turd to a black diamond.
Chraplyer Neon built by UAW methheads who hate their jobs.
Mazda MSP built by fanatically dedicated Japanese car Samurais that will commit ritual suicide if even one bolt is out of place.

You decide which is better.

Re: Samurai Jack.

yashooa said:
It's like comparing a turd to a black diamond.
Chraplyer Neon built by UAW methheads who hate their jobs.
Mazda MSP built by fanatically dedicated Japanese car Samurais that will commit ritual suicide if even one bolt is out of place.

You decide which is better.

Yeah! What he said.

Hey, don't knock the Neon. It has a good engine in there. Forged internals from the factory, and gobs of power due to that. My Mazda doesn't have either of those.

Knock the Neon!!?? Now; who on this forum, would ever 'knock' the Neon? You must be thinking of another Forum. We love the Magic Turd!! (k)

GINGERBREAD NEON

I think that 7/70 warrenty is going to drive Dodge into the ground.

I can see the Neon line at the service dept. clearly and it will be a large one.

Then again, what do I know.

I'm just a Mazda fan.

2- 88 323 gtx's
4- 88 323 gt's
1- 87 323 wagon hybrid
1- 74 13b rx4
1- 84 12a rx-7
1- 85 13b rx-7
1- 87 13b rx7
1- 88 13b rx-7 turbo II
1- 02 pr5
1- 02 protege es
1- 03 MAZDASPEED....

At least we're calling it a "Magic" turd!! The srt is probably one of the ugliest cars I've ever seen, after the aztek....the focus and sentra looks very nice compared to the ... Magic Turd. The MazdaSpeeds do look nicest of the bunch. I wish I coulda waited for one, but I got myself a good looking wagon in the meantime.

Back