Votes: 1 0.1%
  • 71 - 80

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • 80+ should you be driving?

Votes: 2 0.2%

• Total voters
cbcbd said:

Define pups;)
Are you referring to the High Schoolers or college aged group?

Then you'd have to figure out if the people that you see on the board spending the serious $$ are in fact these pups.

Yes to both questions....the high schoolers and the college aged group. I mean, I see these high schoolers driving around here (Dublin, OH) w/their ricers that look like they crashed into Jeg's w/a giant magnet and dragged every piece of aftermarket crap out of there that stuck, and I know that they couldn't possibly be paying for it all themselves. I'm just curious about what the "non-spoon fed" crowd is doing. And hey, if mommy and daddy are paying for it, more power to you!

ck_cols said:
look like they crashed into Jeg's w/a giant magnet and dragged every piece of aftermarket crap out of there that stuck,
(lol)That's a great line.

Yeah, I don't know about that. I was never really into cars/modding back in HS and college so I don't know how these kids were funding their hobbies.

Start a thread asking.

25 and from Chicago here; my MP5 is only 3 weeks since I've adopted her from her surrogate mother (dealer) who had her for almost 4 months! :eek:

I'm 29 and my wife says age is a number so hers is unlisted.

Check out my car :)

Later,
Bill

PS I have never left a vehicle stock, all have been modified.

70 Dodge Charger 383/727(painted like the General Lee).
88 S-10 slamed.
91 B2200 off road lights and roll bar.
86 IROC-Z. 0-60 in 5 seconds 350/350TPI, chip, headers, shift kit
& posi.
89 NINJA set up for race. race farings, Muzzy header & pipe &
more.
80 Fullsize Jeep Cherokee w/ rancho lift, cut fenders big mud tires
and on and on and on.
71 Honda CB750 complete reconstruction into a sport chopper.
92 Dodge truck Lift kit, oversized off road tires, custom built roll
bar, pushbar/ grille guard, over 700 watts of KC lights, and
on and on. (Hence the nick name of redneck)

Oh waite my 66 Mustang is pretty much stock except for the transmission and engine.

i'm not 30 yet...now i feel old

i've had my pr5 for 10 months now and it is turbo'd already...i think of it as a crx wagon as i own both and they handle very well at road tracks

may be one of the oldest posters, mark age 48. my wife thinks i'm a kid at heart! i spend my time modding my p5 and my son's civic.

[tearfully remarks]...Hi, I'm Jim, 43 and I'm a recovering P5 owner......who's traded it in for a MSP - Black of course. Someone stop me before it goes too far. What's next - a Mazdaspeed 6? and then a RX8?
At least I'm not as old as Bazooka Joe or Sir Nuke....[just kiddin' fellow 40y/o's] :D :D :D

mrpopnfresh said:
Hey jim, it would be cool if you came down to Life Plaza tonight and hang out with all us "youngins". :)

Yup. You and Steph has voiced the same. I am a work-a-holic who has to work two yobs. I promise tho' - one day I'll be there. Famous words from Grapes of Wrath (Tom Jobe sez to his mom).
BTW. how was las' night's?

bump.jpg

:D

Not to single the person out, but I'm still curious who the owner in the 51-60 group is. Tell us what brought you to the P5

Not to single the person out, but I'm still curious who the owner in the 51-60 group is. Tell us what brought you to the P5.--cbcbd
I'm 53. I got the P5 to supplement my Miata--to cart around stuff, including bikes. I've had sportscars all my driving life and thus also wanted a car that handled well, was relatively quick, and looked neat. Finally, my 12-year old Miata has been problem-free, so the Mazda name appealed to me.

Back