90-91 Auto to Manual Swap

Hi everyone. I'm not new to modifying cars, and I may be picking up a Protege. I've done auto-manual swaps before, but the car in question did not have an ECU. Also an early Honda. Mostly I play with Nissans.

In any case, don't care much about cost-effectiveness, and this Protege may be free. That said, I need to know if anyone has done the swap and if there are any tricks.

I'm guessing needing a junkyard manual ECU, pedal set, linkage, and I'm hoping that's it. Just curious if Mazda threw any sticks in the works, like a different bellhousing or CV shafts or something. Thanks.

Oh c'mon, somebody has to have SOME useful information. I think I'm just going to use my old standby: "Come hell or high water, the car's getting a 5 spd!"

Anyone with an auto 90-94 want to look in their engine compartment and tell me if there's a dead plate for the clutch master cylinder?

while i've never done this swap, i would think the axles to be different from ATX to MTX, they are also different for the SOHC and DOHC trannies.

Back