You think you can hang SON!

A

AustinG

Why is it that most people see a MP3, think its just a little protg with rims and think they can hang with it around curves? The other day I was driving along and here comes this rx7, 2nd gen, coming up fast in my passenger side mirror. The road that we were on is a pretty straight two laneer but up ahead of us there was a large tight 30 Mph curve, the really nice thing about it, its in the middle of no where, so no cops, and no other cars. But this guy pulls up on the side of me and starts honking (like the three honk, GO), were we going about 45 miles an hour, I see the 30 Mph curve (My MP3 calculations, see a sign that tells you the safe speed around a curve multiply that by 2 and boom you have the MP3 safe speed. (30 x 2 = 60)) So I PUNCH IT! Half way around curve the guy thinks he can hang, but it cant (always know your cars ability) so he starts to fish tail, I look back in my review mirror and his side way across both lane and then starts to roll backward into the median. The guys car didnt flip or any thing, but I hook around to check on him. I pull up on the side of this guys car and the first thing that he said was WOW! I like your car! I didnt think it could take curve like that. If some of you MP3 people didnt know already, our cars have been proven to hook a curve better than a WRX and we can hang with the Porsche 911 turbo's  not speed of course.

morgan3a.jpg
Tell any WRX to bring it on!

i had a similar experience, but it was b4 i got my msp, i was in my 02 mitsubishi lancer oz rally, I was racing an integra lx exhaust intake lowering springs etc.. we were on a s curve and i went through it doing about 90 no problem, i ended the s curved looked in my rear view he was no were to be found, this boggled me, cuz he was right besides me then behind me then po0f. so i turned around went back and he was off in a ditch he was about 1 ft away from a telephone pole with a flat tire, i pulled over ask him if he was okay he said yeah stupid bald tires (nice excuse buddy) so I helped him change his flat to the donut (lol) and about the time we finished a cop rolled up and asked what happen, dude said he just lost control and this his tires were bald and the cop goes i can tell what really happened here but im gonna let it slide sense you guys are off on a side road were there isn't alot of traffic. not that he could have done anythign anyways considering he didn't see anything. but it was odvious that integra couldn't hang. My msp suspension feels far better than my lancers. so im sure he really wouldn't have been able to hang, not quite as exciting as that rx7 losing it but all the same :) in a flat line that integra coulda busted my lancer easily. infact he was pulling on me at the first curve but i lost him in the s curve ;)

lol, use LFB, it's a FF driver's best friend. just ask any rally drivers =D

my freinds takes curves like a madman....posted speed plus 10. sometimes its fun sometiems its scary. lol

AustinG said:
Why is it that most people see a MP3, think its just a little protg with rims and think they can hang with it around curves? The other day I was driving along and here comes this rx7, 2nd gen, coming up fast in my passenger side mirror. The road that we were on is a pretty straight two laneer but up ahead of us there was a large tight 30 Mph curve, the really nice thing about it, its in the middle of no where, so no cops, and no other cars. But this guy pulls up on the side of me and starts honking (like the three honk, GO), were we going about 45 miles an hour, I see the 30 Mph curve (My MP3 calculations, see a sign that tells you the safe speed around a curve multiply that by 2 and boom you have the MP3 safe speed. (30 x 2 = 60)) So I PUNCH IT! Half way around curve the guy thinks he can hang, but it cant (always know your cars ability) so he starts to fish tail, I look back in my review mirror and his side way across both lane and then starts to roll backward into the median. The guys car didnt flip or any thing, but I hook around to check on him. I pull up on the side of this guys car and the first thing that he said was WOW! I like your car! I didnt think it could take curve like that. If some of you MP3 people didnt know already, our cars have been proven to hook a curve better than a WRX and we can hang with the Porsche 911 turbo's  not speed of course.

*Protege 5 was also up there with BMW's! :D

Yeah man, I was racing with my buddy around some curves in his integra....he tried to pass me in a turn......he definately flipped 4 times in the air and totaled his integra though. He was ok though.
Moose

AustinG said:
. If some of you MP3 people didnt know already, our cars have been proven to hook a curve better than a WRX and we can hang with the Porsche 911 turbo's  not speed of course.

911's ????? who claimed this, just out of curiosity?

Re: Re: You think you can hang SON!

Familia323 said:

911's ????? who claimed this, just out of curiosity?

I think it was either Compact Car, or Road and Track. I'm leaning toward Compact Car Magazine...I have it at home. I'll look for it.

OK, I remember now. It was that 8 car shoot out issue last year with the MP3 being like the only car under like $40,000 or something like that. It was the slowest, but it handled like the fastest!(thumb)

Road & Track June 2002 (Article Starts on Page 54), Featured on the Front page is the comparison

Ferrari 360 Modena, Corvette Z06, 911 Turbo, Lotus Elise, Evo VII, BMW M3 Coupe, Porsche Boxster S & the MP3! Only beat by one of those in the slalom The Lotus, thats when I knew my car was the fishizzle!

Dont believe me check it out for yourself (Page 63 of that article - attatched for your pleasure) ;)

r&t_fast_mp3.jpg

I wonder how the car would have faired out if they put some lowered springs and a turbo kit on it!!!

Overall it ranked last, but it was the only fwd car, and the car it was compared against cost between $18,500(mp3)- $171,243(modena) in the salom it got 2nd place tieing the 911 turbo, but got beat by the lotus.

Road and track pg 63

"Get a Grip"

all the testors loved the car, but said it needs more power.

AustinG said:

I think I can hang! :D

Back