Black Headlights or Body Color HEadlights

FuNwaGoN

Alright guys I have a black mica P5 and most of you know that I am going to be doing custom angel(demon) eyes and at the same time will be painting them. Well since I am having to wait for my eyelids and LEDs to come in I have been laying out all of my supplies. Well Here is my dilema. I found some Rust-Oleum Black Mica Paint. It matches damn near perfect to my body color. But I had originally bought HIGH HEAT Flat black. My question is which should I use. The body color paint or the flat black?????:confused: Flat black would just look like the canadian lights but I have yet to see anyone do theirs body color on a black mica or any other color for that matter.

funny, i have been thinking about that myself. i have a black mica ES, and my headlight housings are painted flat black. IMO they look better than the chrome P5 headlights, but i think they would look better if they were body-colored.

related question: rustoleum black mica is a good match for mazda black mica? i'm probably going to paint my racing wheels (spare 03 P5 wheels) black as well as my emblems...

i'm trying to choose between gloss black and (now) black mica.

I will have to see it under natural light( I sprayed some samples on a piece of wood and since it has been raining have only compared them under flourescent light. Will have to see. May take some pics and post them when I get home. It is the closest paint to Black Mica that I have found and RustOleum is good paint.

i ws thinking that if you used either one you would most likely only be able to tellt hat one is flat black and other is glossy? what do you think

Back