caliper paint

I know this topic has been covered many times but I was wondering if anyone has used this certain brand. It's a caliper lacquer set made by folia tec. I like it because it is a brush on rather than a spray on which seems easier to me. My only quarrel with it is that it says that I can't put my wheels back on for two hours. If I am careful about it I should be able to put my wheels back on - It's not like the calipers touch the wheels. The rest of the instructions say to let the car sit for 24 hours!? Is this more work than taping all that stuff off and using engine enamel? I heard that that stuff dries as soon as it reaches a certain temp. Oh yeah, and to add to my problem - I can only do one wheel at a time - All I have to jack up the car is the jack that came with the car. If anyone could make my situation a little less ass backwards - thank you - I feel like I have my head up my ass. :) :confused:

I borrowed a floor-jack. That way I could jack up the front end, then the back, and do two wheels at a time. Also, I used Duplicolor from Kragen...$4.95, dries in 15min. By the time I was done with one wheel, the last one was ready for another coat. It took me two afternoons to do all four wheels.

Here's a pic. It's not the best pic, but the calipers came out great. It's been about a month and I have yet to see a chip.
fc794397.jpg

Back