roof rack questions

03blup5

I see a lot of comments about removing the roof rack, which we Canadians don't get with the car (not sure why we don't deserve them). I understand these units create some wind noise on the highway.
The roof rack we can get as a Mazda accessory item is totally different. It sits up higher and fits across laterally, not perpendicular. In summary, it's fugly!
Is the standard American rack capable of accommodating a roof top travel carrier up to 100 lbs, or just a pair of skiis, surf/snowboards, etc?
If anyone is willing to donate their roof rack to an enthusiastic, appreciative Canuck, please PM me. I'd certainly be willing to pay shipping, and of course would get hit with import taxes and brokerage fees - that sucks, that's life.

Cheers, Mark :)

hey mark-

im sure we can get you into contact witha dealer if you want to buy a set.

if we take the whole roof rack off we will be left with this ugly gap on our roof so there are few people who compeltely remove them. For the people who got cars before the 2003.5's came out we mostly take the roof rack bars off and use these plugs to plug in the holes on the rest of the rack. dunno if this makes sense. you can check my car in the sig as an example

Back