What version????????

Just to clarify-- I've done a bit of research about MP3 HeadUnits over the past few weeks. I have a z919 in my Blue MP3. I went to a Mazda dealer, who had a Blue MP3 in the showroom, and it had a z828. So the color has nothing to do with it. As far as features go, the z919 has a TOTALLY motorized face, meaning that when you hit the eject button it is motorized, and when you insert a new CD it closes by itself, whereas the z828 you have to physically close. The z828 does have an extra graphic (F1 race cars), whereas the z919 only has dolphins. (This is only when the HU is turned off). The z828 supports ID3 Tags, which means it will display the song title, and the artist. The z919 will only show the file name (e.g. "SNOOP_DO.MP3"). There are a lot of other things I noticed about the the two cosmetically, and fuctionally. All in all I like the z828 better, but they both serve their purpose. The motorized face is cool on the z919, and the ID3 tags are cool on the z828. Take your pick. It's not worth crying over. I'm giving up and getting an Alpine for my MP3. Just go around a 35MPH marked curve at 55MPH and you'll forget about the radio.

i DO LIKE THE Z919, IT ALSO SHOWS TRAC AND DISC TEXT ON CDS ALSO. SOME OF MY CDS THAT I BOUGHT IN THE STORE LIKE THE NEW JERMAINE DUPRI WILL SHOW TEXT ON THE SCREEN. i FINALLY JUST FIGURED OUT HOW TO REALLY MAKE THE GRAPHICS APPEAR.

I was told by Kenwood that the 919 will display the full ID tag if you record with a certain format. Has anyone gotten this to work yet? I'm not sure the software I use converts to whatever it is that they require. (Sorry, it's written down at work, can't remember what it is)
If anyone has gotten this to work, please let me know. Also, what software does everyone use to rip the MP3's? :confused: :rolleyes:
:cool:

OceanPark said:
In the State. All blue are getting the z919 model, and Yellow is having z828. And all 250 blues in Canada is having z828 as well.
not true, mine is blue and i live in the states but i have the z828

Big difference in the 919 and 828

Preout voltage on 919 is 1.5 volts
preout voltage on 828 is 4 volts

signal to noise ratio on 919 is 90
signal to noise ratio on 828 is 96

EQ is far superior on the 828

828 is satelite radio ready
919 is not

828 has dual zone controls
919 does not

828's amp can be turned off
919's cannot

828 has an aux imput
919 does not

Faceplate is manual, problems arise with the 919's motorized face

The biggest (most important) feature upgrade is the preout voltage and removable face.

If anyone needs explaining on preout voltage, just let me know.

Later guys

Back