Quickie for those with the WW body kit!!!

dragonbabe79

:
2001 vivid yellow mp3
Quickie for those with the WW body kit!!!

im in the midst of putting on my WW body kit and the shop ran into a problem with the front bumper....The holes for the fog lights aren't the same as the ones in my mp3 bumper......They are saying that there is a kit that I need or something of the sort.
Anywho, Im asking anyone out there that has the WW body kit on their mp3, what you did to solve this problem.

Oh, I know that the plastic is polyurathane or however that is spelled, but off that tops of anyone's head can someone tell me what type of paint was used for it. Apparently there is an issue with that too.

Needing lots of quick help here!!

your local area dragonbabe.....
Tara

I ended up going with an aftermarket PIAA foglight system, but I'm sure it would be very easy to fabricate a bracket for the back of the foglight, making an 'L' shape going under the stock fogs, and put a bolt through the bottom of the foglight holes. My PIAAs mount from the bottom the the lights, so I ended up just drilling through the bumper on the bottom of the cones the fogs sit in, and bolted it directly to the bumper.

the paint only requires a special primer. If you get the primer for ABS plastics it'll do fine....just dont sand it with a rough grit paper otherwise you'll never get the scratches out

Everything seems cool now. They ordered the PIAA replacement fog lights that fit into the holes......Now Imma looking forward to a brighter view!:eek:

dragonbabe79 said:
Everything seems cool now. They ordered the PIAA replacement fog lights that fit into the holes......Now Imma looking forward to a brighter view!:eek:
how much did they cost you? u know if i'll run into the same problem with mine? (03 msp) just recieved my kit... i was told everything would work fine... =/

pdhaudio83 said:
they could have altered it since 3/03 when the post was made (laugh)
lol damn! (chair) i didn't even look at the date... i was just searching around.... lol... wow... well I guess i'll find out soon enough on my own

They may cause a problem. They May not. WW is now owned by a different company so they might Manufactor them differently. In any case the PIAA lights cost me $200

I can't keep the damn grill insert from vibrating on the WW fron kit . Has done it since we had it professional done . Not impressed at the moment . Anyone know how to get a kit similar to the SCCA Protege' cars ?

Back