amp question

C

<carlos>

i am installing 2 12s with an amp. but i have a problem, the amp has a REM connection. i know it is supposed to be plugged in like into the ignition or something. anyone know exactly were to put this connection?

You are supposed to hook this into your head unit, it should be marked as the remote wire. What is the model number of the Head unit you have? See from your head unit you should run a Remote wire back to the amp to hook this up into the amp. This is so when your headunit turns on so does your amp. When the head unit goes off, the amps go off so you wont run the battery down. Get me the model number of the head unit... :eek:

I would say that the easiest way to do it to look at the wiring harness under the drivers-side back seat. just hook a wire to any of them and run it to the REM in bracket on the amp

The best way to use the "REM" wire is the way Malkavian has said, but you can hook it up to any 12v source that is off when the ignition is off. For example, the lighter in your car does not function with the ignition off, so you can hook it to that. "REM" stands for "remote", and this allows the amp to turn on and off with the car, or with the stereo if you can hook it up there.

I will be hooking it up to the lighter, and I am also putting a small rocker switch near the gear shift, so I can control whether the amp is on or off myself. Hey, I listen to the radio occasionally, y'know, Howard Stern, AM traffic reports, etc., and I don't need big bass for that!

Good luck with your install.

man finally connected everything. its sounds so great. i also finally got production number, #265

Back