Anyone Planning to use Sirius?

jsesq

I have noticed that the 828 has the Sirius logo on it. I just received an e-mail from Sirius saying that the service will be starting Feb. 14 in Phoenix, Houston and Denver. I imagine that the rest of the country will be starting shortly after that. Anyone 1)planning on subscribing, or 2) have any idea what the required antenna will look like or where it needs to be mounted?

Yes. A bunch of my radio friends are either programming or jocking some of the rock and oldies channels. I am listening to Sirius on my computer right now. Great sound (even on the 'net). (check out siriusradio.com for free streaming audio of most (if not all 100 some) channels.

My problem is that I have a Z919, not a Z828...very pissed about that. The 828 is "Sirius-Ready", not sure what that really means. You can get a Sony add-in unit for about $299 (look for promotions coming next month) that can be moved inside.

The antenna I've seen looks a bit like the Mercedes E-Series but with a mag base. I'm not sure what the factory-installed units will look like.

#36/1500 :cool:

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: BondoBob ]

BondoBob

Do you know any links that would show what the E-Class antenna looks like, or could you describe it for me? Also, mag = magnetic?

Sorry, yes it is a magnetic mount antenna.

Did a search for 'satellite antenna' and found the window mount style for XM Radio (the OTHER satellite broadcaster, there's only two licenses). This one is decent - the Sony temporary magnetic mount is bulkier but gives you an idea of the look.

For an installed radio (adding Sirius to the Kenwood Z828), I would add something like this: http://www.terk.com/pdfs/SR1.PDF

#36/1500 :cool:

Back