Aaaarghhh..... what is up with PIAA they got a one year lifespan

I bought these PIAA plasma blues last summer and it is not even this summer yet and one of my low beams is out. Has anyone experienced this with their PIAAs. I am really dissapointed with this product.... the reason I purchased PIAA was due to their quality and within one year...even the stock bulbs last several years if not a lifetime. (pissed)

This has been my experience with not only PIAA, but any aftermarket light bulb that says it is high performance or emulates HID. If the bulb isn't a Philips, Sylvania, GE, or one of the major light manufacturers, chances are it won't last long. Personally I stopped spending the money on these bulbs. An HID retrofit is the only worthwhile lighting upgrade IMHO.

mazdadan
Paying over $400 in one go for lights is way over my budget....I'd rather pay it in increments of $69:D....well actually I haven't really seen a plug and play kind of setup for the HIDs so far for our MP3s. Plus I am lazy when it comes to learning the schematics of hooking up a HID system like some of you have.

Patio
Nooooo not the R word not my car....

deepcover6 said:
I bought these PIAA plasma blues last summer and it is not even this summer yet and one of my low beams is out. Has anyone experienced this with their PIAAs. I am really dissapointed with this product.... the reason I purchased PIAA was due to their quality and within one year...even the stock bulbs last several years if not a lifetime. (pissed)

Make sure you dont touch the glass part of the bulb when your putting them in. The oil from your hands reduce the life of the bulb because it allows it to overheat faster.

I dont think they make the car look ricey, but if I had the money I'd go for HID's.

deepcover6 said:
mazdadan
Paying over $400 in one go for lights is way over my budget....I'd rather pay it in increments of $69:D....well actually I haven't really seen a plug and play kind of setup for the HIDs so far for our MP3s. Plus I am lazy when it comes to learning the schematics of hooking up a HID system like some of you have.

Patio
Nooooo not the R word not my car....

Try out the Philips X-tra Vision bulbs. I have them installed in my car right now. They are one of the top rated Halogen bulbs and are only like 10 bucks a piece. They don't have any blue coatings or anything like that.

Yeah HID is quite expensive for me too, but I would get a setup from liteswap if I were to get HIDs.

i just put the liteswap kit in my car.. very nice.. but it took me about a half hour to aim the headlights because i have never done anything like this before -=( and when i first got them in i was shinning in the trees. LoL.. ill try to get some pics later.. too bad my fog lights are so ugly now -=(

I've had problems with my PIAA's for year. I've had PIAA's way back when I was playing with Hondas all those years ago and everytime one of my PIAA's would burn out, I'd call customer service and have them replaced for free of course. So if you call them, tell them what bulb you have, what happened, and last tell them that you really like their products. I did exactly that and they've sent me a free replacement bulb both times.

Back