2002 MP3 software in 2002 MP5

alec172

I understand some may already have switched ECU software.

I'm looking from inputs/comments from those people. Did any problems developped afterwards? Did u noticed a difference in performance?

I have a stock engine with Injen CAI and Racing Beat cat back. Im not gonna get a turbo or anything else 'cause its too expensive (just bought a house). Switching ECU's software (not actual ECU) seems to be a good cheap option.

Just spoke with a knoledgeable tech at the dealer (finally someones that know what he's talking about), apparently, there's no EPROM in MAZDA's system thus rendering it impossible to load softwares. You need to change the ECU (PCM as they call it) completely wich he was willing to sell me for approx 1500$ CDN.

Yep its really not worth the expensive to switch them, for what gains you will get.

Im presently trying that option but there's only 6 registered mp3 owners in my region and they're all "kicking".

I read that POWERCHIP makes some king of Tunning box for the MP5 that gives an overall 20Hp and 15Lbf. The hic up is that they're in australia and that they recommend driving with high octane gaz. Its 990 Aus $. Do the math. It's about 900 CDN$ so maybe 600 US $.

U need to go on their site in Australia cause the North American one doesn't offer the MP5. Ho, in Austria, the MP5 is called the SP20.

Back