Clunk Updates

newf:
And Stou, if there was a Subie dealership here..... I'd have a hard time not going to a 2004 WRX....assuming I could find the money. Still, for the $$$, the MP3 and Speeds are the better deal in my eyes. I don't follow the subie forums, I wonder how many troubles they have had since being introduced?

You are right newf, I took a ride with the MP3 yesterday, the first time since I got my WRX and I can tell that the MP3 is a hell of a good car for the money. Driving around is like driving a go-kart. That's why I didn't sell the MP3 for the WRX. I prefered to sell the Civic which can't be compared to the MP3.

About WRX trouble, from what I saw, it can compare to Mazda... less the clunk! :D

Did someone got any news from Racing Beat since they received used bushings?

newf said:

Rumour has it, they are actually delaying the RX-8 launch to get this problem fixed. Funny eh.

I find this hard to believe...unless RX8 has the same issue...

Kooldino. The head master Tech mentioned that he was delaying "his" RX-8 launch in Canada because of this clunk issue.....he has a major ego btw. We were in the middle of discussing something else, I was a tad irritated at the time, and never asked what he meant as i was more worried about our cars.

There is going to be a recall, and new parts made, at least that is what I was told by numerous people @ MCI. Bushings are cheap to make. They don't want some cheap ass "slapped on, it'll do for now" type of fix anymore.

There is nothing wrong with the struts themselves, it's a greasing problem. Once they find the right kind of grease....problem solved. Easy fix

Racing Beat has stopped emailing me as they are now working directly with MCI instead. Last I heard, they did send my sample bushing off to engineering, and were trying to get a design for a urethane bushing made to replace the rubber crap we got now. Racing Beat was very useful, and nice to deal with. I haven't bothered them as I know MCI contacted the President, and head Engineers at Racing Beat, and they are all working together to get the right bushings made.....or a better fix. Bugging them at this stage would be counter productive.

Again, this is only what I am being told.

I will believe all of this when I see a fix.

Any mention of similar actions being taken in the states?
Boy I hope so :)
Newf, you ARE the man.

yeah, whatever happened to the last thread anyways? All of a sudden, I couldn't post in it, yet I was recieving emails saying other people had posted, but no new posts ever showed up

Strange

The real weird part is I wrote Antone and never got a response about it. I think someone jacked it.

inlight of reading this post, and previously owning a Pro5(which i love till this day)
i'm now torn on if my decision to get the 2003.5msp over a WRX is the correct one.... some HELPPPPP!!!!!!!!!

-j.
btw, i think this is my first post on this board. yay me. i post on protegeclub. and i know alot of u guys do 2. i'm invincibleredp5 over there.

I'd get another or wait to see if they actualy fix the bushings and rest of the suspension before getting an MSP.

Well, I have been kept up to date from MCI. This guy I'm dealing with is really going out of his way to keep me informed.

Not much I can really say right now. They did have a car brought in late last week with the clunk problem.

They are telling me I should know something concrete, and have some dates by early next week if something is going to happen

Of course, as I know....you will.

Holy crap newf! They're actually gonna give you dates.....damn, as soon as this fix comes out, i'm fed ex' ing you a 24:D

i really doubt that we're gonna get a recall, but if we do, i'll be happy as hell. i'm not gonna get my hopes up. I had my bushings replaced with 156D and the problem went away for a week, then came back in front- BAD. now the back clunk is starting to come back! UGH!:mad: :mad:

I'll say it again. Mazda has assured me there is going to be a new part made.

So expect a recal. I won't rest until there is one anyhow.

They are serious about fixing this it seems.

Soma....any rum will do :)

good, thanks newf. If i can help in ANYWAY with this, i will. I'm not necessarily looking for a free replacement. Im just so frustrated i think i'd pay half the problem to fix it, even though its 100% mazdas fault. :(

newf said:
I'll say it again. Mazda has assured me there is going to be a new part made.

So expect a recal. I won't rest until there is one anyhow.

They are serious about fixing this it seems.

Soma....any rum will do :)

Newf,
I never received a call from MCI. even the dealer wont tel me nething for now. Man, it seems like this car is coming up with list of troubles. today i heard a strange noice coming out from my driver side panel (where seat belt is attached), i started observin it and i realized, that is was from the seatbelt section. so i pulled the seat belt while braking DAMN it wouldnt lock(its supose to lock whn braking or taking a corner)!!!! i tried it coupe of times seem like its failing too.. ne ways i gonna drop by the dealer later this week to have it checked. i'm pretty sure its the seatbelt dispener's lock is broken or slipped out. to sum it up all back end noises are back again to its fulstrength, i put about 500 Km afer they replaced all the parts except S.Bar. clutch probelm is becoming worse!!! all these in 28000 Kms... HELL.........

Toronto_Raj said:

Newf,
I never received a call from MCI. even the dealer wont tel me nething for now. Man, it seems like this car is coming up with list of troubles. today i heard a strange noice coming out from my driver side panel (where seat belt is attached), i started observin it and i realized, that is was from the seatbelt section. so i pulled the seat belt while braking DAMN it wouldnt lock(its supose to lock whn braking or taking a corner)!!!! i tried it coupe of times seem like its failing too.. ne ways i gonna drop by the dealer later this week to have it checked. i'm pretty sure its the seatbelt dispener's lock is broken or slipped out. to sum it up all back end noises are back again to its fulstrength, i put about 500 Km afer they replaced all the parts except S.Bar. clutch probelm is becoming worse!!! all these in 28000 Kms... HELL.........

OMG!........... Werd!!!................... i just started to have that same problem 2 weeks ago!!! WTH is it? its coming from the exact location that your mentioning....

Toronto_Raj. They won't be calling you now since they got another car.

Oh well. I was really hoping to have them get a car from here so we can have two sides of the story being updated. Hopefully, whatever fix there is I'll get to try one as well. If it works for me, it should work for anyone.

Killer is, my car is still holding up pretty good with the teflon tape on. It's been since Jan 3rd now. It's never been this good, or lasted this long. I'd almost hate to take it off now.

Back