Clunk Updates

honestly I have no idea what car to get. No car appeals to me like the speed did years ago. I like the MS6 but a new owner has my dealership here now and I'm not sure about them ( either way) yet. They have to do some major convincing before I dump 40 grand on a ms6. I would ideally like to find something cheaper anyways as I want to get into a larger home soon and sell mine.

I know I do not want a Mazdaspeed 3 hatch. It will be a last resort.

Last edited:
The new Civic Si is not too bad... But nothing like the uniqueness of a Speed. This morning going to work, while stuck in traffic, I saw a titanium in front of me, which is a rare sight in winter. I found myself admiring it for awhile... until I realized that I was driving the same exact car!!!

I have the only 2003.5 MAzdaspeed on the island. And theres only 2 other 2003's that live 8-9 hours away from me, both orange.

So I never see another one.

Not to get off topic, but the Civic was too small for me. And shifter was too high.

Well, guess what???

Just had my rear sway bar, endlinks, and bushings replaced on the back as well as a spacer on the top of the strut to fix the god damn noises that came back after almost 40k.

But wait, there is more. The front is also clunking. And the bar is backordered until June.

Clunk wasn't so bad this time around and nowhere near as bad as my old MP3, but near the end on a dry day the bushings squeaked really bad. The front is just the start of it so far and I can put up with it for now.

Oh well, I'm going to trade soon anyways if I can find something I like within budget. MS6 is really nice, but just a bit out of reach right now with trying to find a larger home and stuff.

If i can go another 40,000kms without problems, i won't complain :)

1sty said:
So did those Desling things ever end up working?

I've been MIA a LONG time :D

I was the one that bought the Delsing Bracket. After looking at it, I decided to create a new bracket, new in design and make that for the community. The bracket I produced works wonders and so far no one has complained about it or the squeak.

I have since made 3 production runs of them and sold them to 50 or so members on this forum.

Currently I do not have any in stock but will be making more if the demand for them increases to atleast 15 people. You can visit the pre-order list here

http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123654241

visit http://www.autoxracing.com for more details or check my signature.

I haven't been on these boards in years (except for this), but I stay signed up for this thread, just so I can come back and say DAMN! these things are GREAT!
Best money i've ever spent on this car.

scott42 said:
I haven't been on these boards in years (except for this), but I stay signed up for this thread, just so I can come back and say DAMN! these things are GREAT!

awesome thanks

scott42 said:

Same here..... I've been subscribed to this thread for who knows how long, and many other ones that were about the clunks

I've only have my MP3 for about a month now, and I have the clunk, but I listen to the stereo loud enough where I don't here anything. LOL.

someday, I'll look into the fix, for now, it's bearable. My MR2's suspension clunks a bit in the rain and on cold days, and is a far noisier car than the MP3.

What are the 'fix' bushings for the MP3? I started reading the thread but there are 76 pages, and I don't have time to go through them all to see where the fix is.

Or was there a fix.

I think it was Delsing Motorsports that made the proper bracket/bar, or Delseng...can't remember 100%. Then someone else did a brief run of the same bar afterwards....you are going to have to to search as it's been a LONG time. There were no "bushing" fix, but a full rear setup including brackets and optional sway bar that fixed it apparantly although I got rid of the car before I had to keep worring about it.

Bushing "fix"

This really wasn't a fix, it was mazda's way of trying to fix it, clunk comes back, but it last I remember and yes its been years, it was something that ended with an E...... guess they went through A B C and D bushings

Mazda shop would have it, there was a bulliten placed on it, They can atleast give you a part number.

Hope that helps.... But Yes there was a rear bracket assembly that moved the bushings closer to the wheels, this helped eliminate the clunk.

This was actually Racing Beats original design however Mazda apparently didn't wanna spend the extra money on it.

I'd say about half way through there will be some good information.

Edit: found this one....
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1438855&postcount=1070
its post 1070 link should take u right to it, its on page 27 if you have default settings

Another edit.... if u look at this last page, about 6 posts from the top he bought the design of it, He goes by Evolv, has information dunno if he's still producing it or not

Last edited:
Just PM evolv...he'll hook you up for "the fix"...the ONLY fix!

What are the 'fix' bushings for the MP3? I started reading the thread but there are 76 pages, and I don't have time to go through them all to see where the fix is.

Or was there a fix.

Or was there a fix.

All I know is after taking my MP3 over a dozen times to the dealership I bought it from, they replaced my bushings last year in February with the newest "E" revision and it hasn't clunked yet.

Sorry, but I don't know the exact part number, but I do remember there was an "E" on the part number and they did cost about $2.00 more than the previous bushings.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:

Or was there a fix.

its also from 4 years ago....the last post was a year ago almost...just get a clunk fix kit...no bushing upgrade is going to fix the clunk for more than 2 months

Back