cell phones?

dafababa

:
Ford Explorer 2005
Long story short I am moving to a house with no phone so I need to get a cell. Question what service providers do you all have and what do you recomend

HELL no .. tell me where you live ... if I can ill hook you up .. my company (that i work for ) has more anytimemins and bigger areas for less then any other company in the nation .. so GTE, Verizon, Cingular, Suck Cum oops i mean Sun Comm they have nothing on us at all

verizon here ............... nation wide and 600 peak min ..... free nights and weekensds all for under $60.00 ......

depends on where your living

I personally love sprint but if your moving into a rural area its not worth it.

i have sprint- no complaints at ALL. i've gotta say, their color phones and 3G network made me drop t-mobile and sign with
sprint. my plan that im sharing free with another phone:

$85.00 PCS FREE & CLEAR PLAN
MINUTES ARE SHARED ON THIS PLAN
ALL MINUTES INCLUDE LONG DISTANCE
2000 ANYTIME MINUTES
UNLIMITED PCS TO PCS CALLING
NIGHTS: M-TH 9PM-7AM WKND: F 9PM-M 7AM
CALLER ID, CALL WAITING
THREE-WAY CALLING
VOICEMAIL

Includes:
Unlimited PCS Vision (phone/web data)
Roadside assistance
PCS Equipment replacement
PCS Voice Command

add unlimited N&W for $10 more/mo

im very happy. bill after tax/addons is bout $100/mo

I dont know where you live but Sprint doesn't work for s*** here. I've heard that they are great in bigger cities. But not here. I live in a college town so I thought coverage would be a little better. Um.... to whomever said the stuff about suncom.. all suncoms are AT&T wireless now, and anyway, Millions of people didn't mind cuming with them.

I have at&t
i have 700 minutes,
free nights and weekends,
free at&t to at&t calling (talk to sis in another state for free),
caller id, call waiting, longdistance, text messaging, 3 way calling. And better coverage than any of my friends.
$45 dollars a month + tax is $51.00 per month

NEXTEL! 5000 night and weekend minutes, 1000 anytime minutes, free direct connects (which will soon go nation wide!). Plus i dont pay extra for long distance calls made on my phone and i dont pay any roaming charges. I live on Long Island and i went to Kilington, VT and didnt get charged any extra when i used it.

I have US Cellular as it offers the best reception in my area. However, I'm leaning towards switching to sprint due to all of the cool s*** you can do with Vision and stuff. I'm a tech nerd, so I need the best stuff ;). But Sprint only focuses on big cities and interstates :(.

Chris

DooMer_MP3 said:
I have US Cellular as it offers the best reception in my area. However, I'm leaning towards switching to sprint due to all of the cool s*** you can do with Vision and stuff. I'm a tech nerd, so I need the best stuff ;). But Sprint only focuses on big cities and interstates :(.

Chris

That's why I say go with AT&T Wireless...thier footprint (network-wise) is huge!

I'd say either AT&T wireless or TMobile. I've got TMobile myself and my gf has AT&T. AT&T definitely has a great network and TMobile is GSM, so the reception is great.

I have Verizon. Around me it's either Verizon or Cell One. It's kinda a shot between them both because one phone would work in some places and not other while the other phone would work where that one won't but not other, k that was a confusing sentence.

But I pay $35 a month fo:
350 anytime mintues
2650 night and weekend minutes
No long distance charges for any calls in the Continental US
No roaming charges anywhere in my state and half way through my surronding states.
And of course the caller ID, voice mail, call waiting, and 3 way. Course who used 3 way, i think i've used it maybe 2 times. Just to play around too not in any seriousness.
The most important thing I would look at is coverage in your area. I'd pick the company with the best coverage first and then get their best plan or atleast a plan you can afford. Cause if it's going to be your only phone there's no way 300 or even 500 anytime minutes will work for you. You'll probably need atleast 1000. All in all I can't really say that I noticed any difference in clarity or anything between company's now since they're all digital anymore.

i sell cel phones.. lemme give u the skinny and then u ask questions if u feel u need to.
AT&T - great service and like linuxsays they have a huge footprint.. but that is with their cdma/tdma technology.. they are begining to convert over to gsm which will mean your service area will actually decline before it improves. once over on gsm then they will begin to rebuild their networks. that would be the best time to get in if u can put up with bad service for a lil while because when companies are rebuilding they need guarenteed income so they offer plans that seem too good to be true.
tmobile/voicestream - same company. a gsm based service that shares towers with cingular wireless and vice versa. nice thing is there will not be any real conversion required because a majority of their market is already gsm except in middle america.not bad plus they got a hot spokes woman.
cingular - a gsm /tdma/cdma company attempting to switch all their coverage to gsm. they are now working on converting texas so like i said. coverage will be in the pooper for a while until they get it all up and running. customer service is decent and from what i can tell we offer the most competitive plans.. but gsm is not always the stongest signal.
verizion - this compnay is a joke. they use old technology and then if you pay your bill the wrong way they resign your contract. crap i tell u.. crap
sprint - i feel the same about sprint.. $2.00 charge to call customer care.. low credit limits.. auto contract renewal for a plan change.. but where they work.. they work well.. where they dont work.. they dont work at all.. there is no real half way point with sprint.. the other thing is most of the phones that they carry are crap.. they spends so much time making a technerd phone that they forget.. hey maybe reception should be important too.
like i said every company hasa up an down side.. if i was oyu i would ask around to places u go alot.. and see what people have there. after all word of mouth is the best cell sales pitch.. much better than.. can u hear me now.. can u hear me now...
- John
ps.. i sell cingular.. just so you kno.. i admit.. they even have their down sides. -=)

Um I have sprint. 59.99 a month
800 on peak
5500 off peak
Unlimited vision
had to sign a 2 year to get it (have an LG 5350)
There customer service SUCKS ASS!!!! my phone has never worked totally for a week strait. One good thing is i get lots of free min cause of that.

well I'm about to switch over to verizon cause sprint
and all the others suck in my house. My neighbor finally
got verizon and she told me it works all around her house.
It sucks to be in a little valley between 2 hills.

If you have friends with cell phones then go by the house
with them and see which phones work. If you are lucky
enough to be buying where everybody works then find
the best deal.

i have cingular, it works ok. It all depends on area. i find verizon and nextel work great in my area. My area has always been bad with signal. I dont like cingulars phones they are all really plain and lack cool features. Sprint seems to have the coolest phones. Just make sure that the service you buy works well in your house.
BTW: i have the nokia 8265. im not to impressed, i like the ones with color screens.

well this was certinly some good s***. I will be living in the metro detroit area so I am going to roll the dice with sprint. I was real close to going with t mobile but they did not offer free nights. only weekends. If it sucks I can always cancel within 14 days so we will see what happens. metro detroit is a hugely populated area so I should not have a problem with reception. thankyou all who gave me input

Back